Author Topic: How Long Does It Take To Delete an Account?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I'll show you a sight you've never seen before."
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
How Long Does It Take To Delete an Account?
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:06 pm »
I'm curious because I requested for my old account to be deleted by pressing "Delete This Account" in "Profile" because I want to use that email address for this account.

So, how long does it take to delete an account?

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: How Long Does It Take To Delete an Account?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:35:53 am »
It's hard to tell. The staff are busy, and they don't really have time to delete every single account which was requested to be deleted.

If it hasn't been deleted for a while, I'd suggest to send a request to one of the Administrators or mods so they can look into it and most likely give a far quicker reply.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 05:29:45 am »
Your email will still be linked to the account itself since there's two databases, one for the forum, one for the game.

You must clear the email used from your current account and add another one if you want it to be free for a new account you are about to make. In order to properly change your email for an already existing account, you need to log into the yellow box next to the banner, go into "user details" and modify the email field and save the changes. Then go into your profile and make sure it's changed there to.

Make sure you use a valid email when changing and also that the changes did take effect, once you've changed your email to another one you should be able to use the old email that now isn't linked to any account on a potential new one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline itsukoii

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I'll show you a sight you've never seen before."
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 04:54:33 pm »
Yeah, yeah, I got the email thing worked out, so this may be deleted if wanted. c: