Author Topic: ascension island  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Siqneutai

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
ascension island
« on: August 30, 2013, 11:50:12 am »
can sky's rims portal to move? it's very hard to go there,i fall always in ascension island,and it's very sad.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: ascension island
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:52:37 am »
I don't think Sky's Rim will be moved. You just keep trying. Set home every once in a while if you find it hard. This is supposed to be in Game Discussion, I believe.

Offline Siqneutai

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:53:58 am »
okay

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 01:27:28 pm »
Moving this to Game Discussion. We'll consider this a "tips and tricks" thread for getting to Sky's Rim.

Sky's Rim's portal probably won't be moved anytime soon, firstly, floof. But at the same time, that's why the portal was put up there, in a map where you can't fly, where you have to hop along hundreds of platforms to make it there. It's meant to be a challenge. :)

But as Tariri said, you can increase your chances by setting your home every few platforms, so if you fall, then you can still go back to where you last set your home. I also suggest turning off nametags, and even turning off the chat if you want, and to reduce lag and jus let you focus on running and jumping.

Keep at this, and you'll be up in Sky's Rim in no time.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 01:39:09 pm »
You know sometimes I see lots of people use the "Set Home" command in there bios to save the spot there are and keep trying to go up and up. Now as for the Sky Rim portal moving, I do t think that's likely. The point to Ascension Island is to make it challenging for layers and to reach there goal to Sky Rim. Just try to set home so that way when you fall and click "Go Home" which is located in your bio, you poof back to the last spot you set home at.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »
The very first time I went up the Ascension Island, it was hectic, lol. I feel a good number of times until I finally reached the top. Like White said, it's meant to be a challenge. What's the point of having a game with no challenge, even for a game like Feral Heart. The key to a challenge is to feel accomplished afterwards. After fall, after trip and fall, and another fall, and after thirteen or twenty falls, you finally reach the top. To see what was up there or who was up there for the first time or even your third time, it is satisfying. There is nothing better than the sense of accomplishment after doing ANY challenge, even in the Real World.

For you, Suvi, simply try again, set as the home for each platform if you have to on the way up. Also, in the easy route whether it be setting a portal in a certain place or learning to play the guitar in one hour, without challenge, you can't grow or feel accomplished in whatever you do. Difficulty is what make things fun. :)
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:52 am »
Sky's Rim? If you're having trouble on it, let me just say that we all did at some point or another. Don't have the "Q" command on, since you may hesitate and run right off the edge of a platform. Another thing, when you get to the rings, walk on them, and jump diagonally. (Right to left, left to right.) And read through the suggestions above.
Farewell everyone<3

Offline femalecreature

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • it is i the official eggplant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 10:29:36 pm »
There's also a little "shortcut" somewhere along the many platforms of Ascension Island. I could give you a quick guide, however:
1. Set home. Used by millions, 100% effective, and already mentioned. -.- Got it?
2. When you get to a "fork in the path" (there's only one) you take the left route. It's the right way.
3. Once you're more comfortable with jumping on those platforms, you could take it to the next level by jumping 3+, setting your home there, 3+, etc. until you're positive you've got the jumping thing down.
4. Shortcut time! At a certain point, there's a part where you've got to go DOWNWARDS instead of  up, which catches lots new players. You can avoid it with the shortcut. To do this, you find a certain spot that's higher than the one that leads up (after the downwards). Make sure you don't have wings; you press the "E" key once and boom! You're over there, and you continue onwards; easy!
5. Once you get to the donuts (yay, donuts!) you MUST set home on EVERY. SINGLE. RING. Super-skilled  jumpers can go without setting home at any time, but you might not be there yet.
6. Extreme patience. It took me hours to get to Sky's Rim. (You can fly in Sky's Rim, so don't freak out.)
egg me up inside (can't egg up)

Offline Travis

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • logoreci
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 12:43:31 pm »
So all i tell you to do is always sethome when your on a different (and far) point. Well, i was playing on feralheart today and i actually got success to getting to sky's rim! Well, this is what you have to do. When you go on the circle path, and find two circles going the different way, take left. Then, this is the easy thing - when you see the downwards path, follow it! Then, your on the ring path, i always go on the sides of the ring -I jump on the sides of the ring- And it will always come as a success for me. But, first of all, when you are ACTUALLY on the rings, sethome all the time on them, and then you'll truly go to Sky's Rim because i actually done that. :3 So, Yea, i was giving some advice! :D 

Aqua, Over and Out~
[]