Author Topic: I need some help (Map making)  (Read 979 times)

Offline TheLionKing01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
I need some help (Map making)
« on: September 12, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »

Yo guys, I'm making a map for my future wolf pack. The map represents a huge territory separated to two by a river. The one side of the river is going to be my pack's territory, the other side is going to be our rival's territory. So, I need help for:
I just downloaded Tetsu's Bridges pack as I want to put one to connect the river's sides. I went to Map Maker, I added a new bridge, I extended it and I placed it in between the river's shores to connect them. Then I tested out the bridge with the default lion character, but everytime I tried to walk upon it and go to the other side, the character was falling down in the water. I tried jumping on the bridge's middle, I tried walking slowly to its edge, I also tried running upon it, but the character was falling down each time. So, my question is, how I can make the bridge thick, so my characters can go upon it and go from the one side of the river to the other?

(Wombat Animal Pack mesh problem fixed xD )

Thank you for the time you spent reading this. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 03:14:52 pm by xxLupinxx »

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: I need some help (Map making)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:18 pm »
Maybe the object's collision isn't quite right. You that bit yellow cube that appears around the object in the object maker? That is what the character walks on, so maybe try playing around with the collision to make sure characters actually walk on the object instead of falling through it.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Satsuki

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:35:37 pm »
^ Mostly the problem. You need to check the collision button, that should let you walk, stand and not let you go through some items/objects.

"This awesome drawing of Valarie is by the great and awesome LordSuragaha~"

Offline TheLionKing01

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:57 pm »
Thanks, I'll try that now. :P