Author Topic: Map problems  (Read 991 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Map problems
« on: February 11, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »

Alrighty, so I have recently re-downloaded the ChevalVille map after some time of not using it. However it seems to not be working. I have placed all the files in the downloaded folder correctly, but when I enter the map it seems like my game keeps crashing. It'll stay on the loading screen for several minutes, then my cursor turns into the blue ring and the 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working' pops up. I have entered the map several times on two other characters, and have even tried to enter on the same character a number of times. Despite my efforts none of the actions I take seem to work and I am unsure as to what I could do next. I've even changed the game settings to help reduce lag but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any help will be appreciated!
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

AlphaEclipse

Re: Map problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 08:34:06 pm »
I'd recommend taking a look at this quote:

For most people, it's usually a problem with the files in Feralheart's folder that is located directly in your C: drive (local disk) on your computer, and not your computer itself. Here I will post some problems, solutions, explanations, and how to fix them!

-Solution 1-
It's best to try an change your game's "rendering system" first. Changing the game's rendering system from outside the actual game is quite simple.
First, go into C: > Feralheart. If you look at the FH main folder, you will see a file called:
"orge.cfg"
Click it, and open it with "notepad" or any other program that you can edit text files with. Doesn't ask to change it? Right click the file (make sure you're not clicking the Feralheart folder itself) go to properties > " change..." and search for notepad on your computer,

Look at the first two lines in the orge.cfg file. That is where you change the game's rendering system to either OpenGL or DirectX

If you followed everything that was typed and the instructions in the pictures, you should have successfully switched your rendering system.

Didn't work? Keep reading.

-Solution 2-
The next (hopefully) solution is also simple. Simply search for FearlHeart's folder in your computer and open it. You'll see a bunch of folders and some files. Look for the folder named "media" an then click it. Once you see all of those new folders, click the "particles" folder. (Simplified: C:/Feralheart/media/particles) You'll see some random files in there with exotic names such as star aura, etc. Those particles are those moving animations in game, like the smoke in Sky's Rim. Sometimes when the game crashes or you accidentally install a map incorrectly, those particle files duplicate, and you do not want that to happen. If you see any particle files that end with a _0, _1, and so on, delete them. That's a possible reason why Feralheart crashes once it turns on. Computers aren't very good at distinguishing differences in files with the same names, unless they are different file extensions. Sometimes particles can also find their way into the my_objects folder which is in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you still don't see any, you can also search in computer "particle."

Didn't work? Keep Reading.

-Solution 3-
Just as particle files can duplicate, so can those pesky mesh files in the my_objects in C:/Feralheart/media/objects/my_objects. If you see any files in there (if you have any in there) that end in _0, _1, and so on, delete them.

Definitely see if that stuff works out first. If not, your best option would be to reinstall Feralheart via a new installer. In other words, when you downloaded FH off the site, you didn't automatically get FH onto your computer; you got an installer. Go to here and download the setup. I wish you the best of luck! :3
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:35:51 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 10:11:11 pm »

Thank you so much Alpha, I only had to use the first step and it worked! I appreciate the help a lot.
 +floof
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 10:15:47 pm »

Thank you so much Alpha, I only had to use the first step and it worked! I appreciate the help a lot.
 +floof

Great to hear you've fixed it on the first step! Beats reinstalling the game completely. Thank you very much for the floof, also! -nuzzles back-