Author Topic: An intro 12 years in the making!  (Read 1767 times)

Offline Solarmyr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • I'm an artist as a hobby, but a furry by trade!
    • Solarmyr
    • dandy-dog
    • Solarmyr
    • View Profile
    • Toyhouse
An intro 12 years in the making!
« on: August 09, 2023, 05:15:13 am »
Well, sort of.

Hey there! My name is Solar and I'm a 22 year old hobbyist artist and writer from the United Kingdom. I like kitsch, worldbuilding, 80s-90s aesthetics, tacky Hawaiian shirts, bright colours and cheesy horror movies just to name a handful of things.

You read the subject title right; Like a lot of folks who still linger here on the forums, I'm not a newcomer! I first registered and started playing FeralHeart exactly 12 years ago as of the 27th of this month. I've played FeralHeart on and off over the years to varying degrees under different users, this isn't my first rodeo here. I've went under this username as well as geogirl (turned out I was in fact not a girl so you can see why this one was unfortunate--), Solarphoenix and ApatheticMagpie.

So why am I here?

Well, one of the things I didn't do back during FeralHeart's peak was make an intro. I remember vaguely starting one, but never posting it because at the time? I was shy, 10 years old and I was scared at the idea of getting any kind of attention from it. Though in retrospect? I think I regret that, especially now that the game has died down.

So here I am! Correcting that and finally not only saying hello, but introducing myself properly to a community I've neglected to for a long time.

I first heard about FH through YouTube. I remember sitting down at my chunky old desktop computer way back when and stumbling across videos about Impressive Title (I remember this one in particular being one I rewatched a ton) and being fixated on the idea of it. I've always enjoyed playing video games and I've always been an animal lover. Even back then I was a big fan of virtual pet sites/forums like Neopets, Marapets, ChickenSmoothie, etc. but I was always bothered that you could never actually play as the animals you took care of. So the idea of a game where you actually got to play as an animal? That blew my mind back then!

That said, this was shortly after Impressive Title shut down, so I couldn't play it. Soon after that I learned about FeralHeart being in development and after a lot of hype and a bit of a wait later, it came out! I downloaded it, played it and the rest was pretty much history. I remember I used to log in every day after school to play it for hours, stay up all night, only to fall asleep in the early hours of the morning and repeat that cycle again. Was it unhealthy? Probably, but that's kids making stupid decisions for you.

From there I did a lot of roleplaying - I was a big Warriors roleplayer primarily. I ran an ingame group called Boltclan in Fluorite Plains that I distinctly remember being determined to get to a hundred members despite the fact there wasn't really a reason to? I was also huge on Pokemon roleplays. I remember there were a small group of roleplayers that used to gather in Ficho Tunnel to do Pokemon rps and I was one of them! Outside of that? I did a lot of different things. Some wolf pack rps, stray dog rps, lion pride rps (anyone remember the Umafisi Pride that used to rp on L island? I was there for a while!) and Lion King rps, I helped to run and eventually had to advertise a duck rp in general chat once if you'd believe it. I also made some presets and maps here and there, as well as hung around in some Impressive Title servers that popped up! Namely Impressive World, Sanctum of Eventide and Last Moon to name a few I can remember.

Over the years I met a lot of cool folks here, who are sadly mostly gone now. It probably sounds dramatic, but this game and the people I met in it helped to shape me a lot as a person. They helped me to grow creatively as an artist and a writer, helped me discover interests that I still hold dear to me and I'd argue they even helped me come to terms with my identity as an LGBTQ+ person.

I don't know how active I'll be on the forum after this post, but FeralHeart is something that means a lot to me so I thought it would be nice to at least share my experiences here and talk about them with some like-minded folks. So on the off chance anyone sees this and feels inclined? Go nuts, I'd love to talk about them!

If you got this far? Thank you for reading my little ramble. It's nice to meet you and I hope you have a good day!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 11:15:04 am by Solarmyr »

//════════════════════════════════\\

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: An intro 12 years in the making!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 10:36:44 pm »
Hi, welcome back.
Don't worry, I didn't make an introduction either when I first started playing.
  :P

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 11:03:45 pm »
It's always wonderful to see people return to the game! Welcome back to FeralHeart! I'm so glad to hear that the community has done so much good for you!

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:55:35 am »
Welcome! I remember first signing up for FeralHeart and playing for....a very looooong time. Like, stay up all night and goof off. I made some of my closest friends here!

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 09:15:43 am »
Gasp, another veteran! It's a pleasure to have you back here with us again!

I've been here since 2012, and the user geogirl definitely rings a bell. I was part of the Umafisi Pride on my girl, Sigyn! So was our MIT and my bestie, Majorest, who owns Loki, if those names sound familiar at all. There's really only us two from Uma still around now. It's nice to know someone else has popped back up though! There's nothing I love more than seeing old members return. I've actually been feeling super nostalgic about the good ol' days recently, so it's nice to get the chance to reminisce, especially with fellow veterans.

I do hope to see you around more! A very warm welcome back to you, Solar.~ <3

Offline .png

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 01:10:55 am »
hello! i have also just made a new account after ~10ish years -- i was heavy into wolf and warrior cat rps on this game. this game consumed my life at 10-12 years of age. is anyone still playing?

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2023, 04:18:50 am »
Hello! It's very lovely getting to learn more about you =) Your username geogirl and the group Umafisi Pride definitely sound familiar to me. I don't think I was ever a member of that pride, though.

This game and community has definitely touched so many and aided them in figuring out where they want to go and what they want to do, and I'm happy to hear it has done the same for you just as it has for many others. I may not be too old of a player as I joined back in early 2015, but I definitely have some time under my belt and it's always a pleasure to see old faces return once in awhile~

If you have any questions at all, feel free to throw them out! Excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort