Author Topic: Everyone is really discouraging to me  (Read 2356 times)

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Everyone is really discouraging to me
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:30:44 am »
I dont know what is wrong with saying hi to someone and they get all up in my face complaining and threatening me
almost everyone i say hi to or greet i recieve a blow to the face with biting godmod killing or just blocking me suddenly?

I am about ready to give up on FH if everyone is so unwelcoming to me. I really don't get what's so bad with saying hi to someone i don't know. if i interrupted something they could at least kindly message that they are a bit busy at the moment instead of yelling at me outright?

I am also experiencing a massive amount of slideshowness in the plains and bonfire/fichotunnel and all the default maps
does anyone know why? i also have problems typing a message it's really slow and takes like a second for a letter to show up
I also have to use the arrow keys on my keyboard in order to change my characters view as using the mouse doesnt seem to work most of the time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 02:33:40 am by Kenny »

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone is really discouraging to me
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 02:58:07 am »
Don't worry, you are doing nothing wrong. Some people in the game aren't as friendly as others. It kinda depends what map your in sometimes. If you ever feel really neglected, or if someone will not stop being mean to you even after you walk away, that is bullying and can be reported. Now in Flourite, there are sometimes lots of people there, almost too many people. This can cause your computer to lag, and have late responses. There is nothing much you can do about that except tamper with the settings a bit(which i never really understood. xD). But anyway, never feel like people don't appreciate you on Feral Heart. You can always make good friends here on the forums, then meet with people in game. Don't be sad. Hope to see you around! :)

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:58:33 am »
On the people problems, the most part of it is a lot of people like to act imature or rude in this game. For some they may think you are wanting to rp, so they do what their character would do in a real event of people intruding. On the godmodding and powerplaying, some people just can't or don't know how to rp. Not everyone is like this though. Many of our users such as me, the mods, and many others are very kind when you aprouch us. Not answering you if we are busy is always possible, or maybe someone is lagging to bad to answer. I, personaly, wish to say sorry to you on behalf of those who are truley being cruel to you.

As for your slideshow and slow typeing, that could just be lag. slow internet connections or to many programs running can make your computer lag. You either need to close a few programs, restart your computer, or if your internet is slow maybe get better internet somehow. Other than that i'm not for sure.

As for the changeing view, I'm not sure if all settings are set to this, but I use the arrow keys to change view because thats what it came set as. "W" takes you forward, "A" Takes you left, "D" Takes you right, and "S" takes you back. IF you dont want to move, but you want to spin, hit Control "Ctrl".
Hitting "Alt" Will hold your characters head still as you look around with the arrow keys. I'm going to say it, even though you will probable be like "Psh, duh." But, Up arrow makes your character look up, down looks down, right looks right, and left looks left.

Hope this helps, if it didn't i am truley sorry.

Offline realflow100

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:50:25 am »
my computer has only FH running and nothing else running is my computer just too old/slow to play the game?

its like im always talking to a person thats in a bad mood :c  unless i meet the person outside of FH first.

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 04:01:53 am »
Hrm, it may just be that your comp is to old like you sugested. I had a friend who couldn't even open it, but she got a newr version and it started working. Or your internet could be slow. I have DSL and i still lag.

"Shhh,shshshsh" ~*Huggles*~
Find me in game "Mossstar1992" some time. I'm almost always in a good mood, and unless I'm in a hard pressed rp, I'll speak with you.

Offline Chapawee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:38:53 am »
I've run into a few rude people myself, but there's also plenty of us out there who are nice. You can find me in-game as Chapawee, and I'll be happy to chat with you (the only reason I wouldn't answer is if I'm afk/offline or lagging too badly). But it would just be if I'm offline usually, because I try to avoid laggy maps.

So to get to my point, I'm always willing to make friends with people. :)
Moving to my new account: Windstrider. Hopefully everybody can find it ok!

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 01:58:56 am »
Hello realflow100
Im sorry you had a bad experience on FeralHeart.
Certainly there are a few unfriendly people going around, and specially bonfire its hard to get good people to play with since its a place with the chat flooded an slow for most computers. Mostly crowded by people already playing in groups and matebeggers.
A better place to meet people could be southpole if you are a wolve or fluorite plains for lions. Cape of distant worlds is good too, but take note that most people are just passing through their way ignoring everyone.
follow the tips everyone gave here and I wish you luck on getting good friends and having fun.

Offline FuryEyes726

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 05:56:57 pm »
Well, since you haven't had a good welcome yet, welcome floofers!

Well, to me, this sounds like a bullying attempt. If you want to do this, simply say that your new, and if someone complains, give my friend HidenShadow a PM, I don't know her to well, but I've seen her amount the forums a lot. She will give you a really warm welcome along with telling the person who didn't a nice little statement called "She's new, so try being polite ok?"

Hope you get a warmer welcome Floof.
"Love the way you lie."

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 02:38:15 am »