Author Topic: RPs  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
RPs
« on: April 15, 2013, 10:03:33 pm »
I'm a bit confused about the RPs here....
I'n the game I see people in the chat area say stuff about semi realistic, what does that mean? the cat or dog's appearence? And what are semi lit or literate?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: RPs
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:09:28 pm »
When they say that an RP is semi realistic that might mean that the characters can have colorful or strange markings not seen on the creatures they represent in real life but it can also mean that the actual roleplay style is not totally real to the animal. Example Warrior Cats are semi realistic often because they have realistic cat markings and characters but the roleplay style is not totally realistic since they have special abilities and can kill wolves and stuff.

As for the Semi Lit and Literate that means that those specific roleplay groups are looking for individuals with that level of grammar skills. Literate RPs are usually very strict and want people who use punctuations and grammar correctly but also that are able to use very descriptive language in the RP lines. Semi Lit are not as strict but still want some proper grammar and descriptive language etc.

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »
Semi-literature means to be kind literature..Possible like a paragraph or so. Additional to literature,  literature is the big thing, meaning it's like a full page. So you news to be literature and good with grammar, pronunciation, spelling, and etc. Hopes this help.

Offline Halfmoon112

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 10:16:46 pm »
So when people say they want a literate RP sample what do I do?  Like type a paragraph with good grammar and stuff? On any topic?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:21:16 pm »
It really depends the group leader you're talking to so you'll have to ask them but since most "literate" groups are hardcore about that then yes you'd have to sit there typing out an example usually a paragraph long. It can be about any topic since the samples are random as long as you use proper grammar and you are flowery and poetic with your words they should be happy lol.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »
Aye, it's exactly what these guys said above. ^

Realism is just that-- realistic. So (ideally) in a realistic roleplay, you won't see any pink or blue characters. They also (in theory) act like their species would, as if they were a real animal. Semi-realistic might allow a bit of color/behavior variation, and this is typically the most common style, but the name pretty much explains it all.

As for literacy, it's really a stylistic interpretation or how you write out your roleplay posts.
For example, this would be an 'illiterate' (although I don't like this term) post:
*lands next to river and drinks*
It's the basic idea of your post, and there's not much else to it. Usually it's in present tense (like "says" vs. "said"), and can vary in style.

This is a typical 'semi-literate' post:
*The winged lion lands on the river bank, sees a deer, then leans down to drink*
Basically, it's a bit more detail, and a lot of times you see a slight separation between the roleplayer and their character. Still usually present-tense writing. This one can vary a LOT.

This is a (kinda long xD) literate post:
A dew-frosted morning on the river; Deer crept quietly through the woods as the river gurgled on its course as it always had, peacefully and perpetually at calm in the mountains. The quiet hush of the river, however, was interrupted for a moment as a winged lion's whooshing wingbeats caressed the air, then paused, folded, and wrapped warmly around his chocolate and tawny body. He breathed in, his ears pricking momentarily as he picked up stirring sounds of morning, and met eyes with a curious and speckled fawn, who froze at the sight of the massive creature several bounds away from him.
Linger exhaled slowly, and dipped his head, as if in a bow. He didn't speak deer, but he knew that was a universal sign of "Hello, I am here, and I'm no threat to you" in their body language. Then, breaking his gaze, he turned and stooped to lap up the cool water. The fawn, in turn, waggled his tail in something like intrigued delight, and continued on his riverside path.

OkayImight'vehadtoomuchfunwiththat^
Not all literate posts are that long, of course, but it varies per person. c: I personally enjoy long posts, but never be ashamed of a shorter post, either. A short, detailed post that seems to have love and attention to detail in every sentence is what makes a talented writer, and any 'literate-only' group leader can appreciate something like that.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||