Author Topic: Not sure if its FH or just my computer  (Read 1870 times)

Offline wlofjaw

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Not sure if its FH or just my computer
« on: June 30, 2011, 03:30:47 pm »
Alright so the problem is whenever I try to start FH it comes up and all ok besides the fact my screen has little tremors and starts showing little blocks if I close the game the blocks stay until I restart or turn the computer off... so that's what makes me think its just something to do with my computer. However the problem is completely absent until I try using FH and only FH :\ so I'm not sure of what needs fixing or even if its the game itself.
even if it isn't the game itself any computer skilled on here who can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

image of what the game looks like when I start it up *however it also shakes from left to right in an extremely jumpy fast pace*

and when I close the game out those little lines of pixel boxes pop up as an outline to things almost...

I'm guessing its related to a program involved/triggered/used when playing FH to something being either needing replacing or is simply out of date? but I'm not sure at all on that guess...

I have already tried uninstalled/reinstalled the game it didnt work and i did that twice :\

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure if its FH or just my computer
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »
How much space do you have on your hard drive?

How to check:
Go to "Computer" and right click you c drive and select "properties". You should come up with a very yummy pie graph with the colors blue and purple. How much purple does the graph have?

Edit: I see firefox is your default browse. If you open your task manager (ctrl+alt+del) then have a look in the "processes" tab, you can make sure it isn't running in the background, as it'll make your computer do funky things. If you see it on the list, click it and end it. It should also improve general computer performance.

Also make sure you've restarted you computer, a simple restart works wonders.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 04:56:37 pm by Sameth »

Offline DinWolfie

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »
try changing from openGL to direct3d9.

Offline wlofjaw

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 07:57:49 pm »
@Sameth: I have 144GB of free space, restarting it hasn't helped me and it does it regardless of the internet :\

@Din: how exactly is that done?

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:44 pm »
HMM mine only has 6GB XD
It's an old computer 8 years old.
Maybe you might need a new graphics card perhaps?
Or maybe fiddle with the visual options.
Are there any settings you changed recently before the problem?

Offline wlofjaw

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:10:30 pm »
Not that I'm aware of, see its not really my computer, its my mom's my laptop (what i usually play FH on) is having internet/router issues so I've been playing using her computer though my step-dad tends to use it often and I don't know what he does on this comp :\
But yeah I think it may be the graphics card.
A few days ago it was just saying "FeralHeart.Exe has stopped working" and would close down but that only happened for two days and now its doing this. But regarding this comp all i know is who uses it on a regular basis.