Author Topic: Client question  (Read 794 times)

Offline Haldusutgoff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Client question
« on: November 26, 2023, 09:16:15 pm »
Why do you have to log in on browser to be able to play the game? And also why do you have to dig into the file to play the game as well? is there a source code problem?

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Client question
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 11:06:14 am »
Due to a security breach a few years ago, our server master had to implement the login page to increase security.

If you are referring to the 1.17a executable you have to download separately and install, that is a hotfix our server master made due to their being an issue with the executable that comes in the installer. He just has never gone back and fixed the installer, unfortunately.

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Haldusutgoff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 07:02:20 pm »
Is there any plans to revamp the client and fix these issues so you don't need to have a browser open and the game isn't in a file?

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 02:20:11 am »
Is there any plans to revamp the client and fix these issues so you don't need to have a browser open and the game isn't in a file?

We have looked into other possible routs we can take with this particular security measure, however we have not yet decided exactly what we are going to do. Regardless, we are looking into alternatives!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort