Author Topic: Felines VS Canines: who would win?  (Read 43869 times)

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
Re: Felines VS Canines: who would win?
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2012, 07:07:59 pm »
Felines, Definitly.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline animals_rock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • Lilly teh Lioness
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2012, 03:45:54 pm »
It all depends on the species fighting.

For example, domestic cat vs. domestic dog(large dog)= Dog winning because of it's size and strength of its muscles. But, if it was against a smaller dog, the cat would most likely win because of its sharper teeth and claw.
Another one would be: Big cat(lion, tiger, jaguar etc.) vs. Wolf= Big cat wins because of its strength and size over the wolf.
Domestic cat vs. Wolf= Wolf wins, obviously, because of its larger size, strength, and stamina.
Big cat vs. domestic dog(large or small)= Big cat win since its so much larger, stronger muscles, and bigger jaws meant for killing.

So, basically, it all depends on which species you are referring to. However, if I had to pick one of the two, it'd probably felines because there's more of a variety to the species and they tend to be larger/stronger than the canines. As much as I love canines, cats do have sharper claws/teeth and there's more species that are stronger and faster than canines of any kind.
Call me Lilly or Animal or Animals or Lillyfloof...I dun really care o3o Call me whatever you want... .3.

dA: Lacey186
Youtube: Lacey186
oovoo: Lacey186
Siggy made by the wonderful Nair~

Offline kimlou

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2012, 05:44:32 pm »
Felines all the way!

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2012, 05:00:57 pm »
SIZE/WEIGHT RATIOS :)

If a small feline, slight in weight, went up against a heavier canine, the canine would most likely win. If a small canine went against a heavier, larger feline, the feline would probably win. If the two animals were about equal in weight, it would boil down to health and overall strength. If the feline was healthier, it'd probably be the victor. If the canine, however, was older or stronger, it'd have a better chance.

The nerd in me has spoken. If this is all about preferences, canines. Specifically, dogs :)

Offline Rhee

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • lurker
    • View Profile
    • FA
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2012, 12:10:36 am »
It depends on the situation, if there was a pack of wolves against a single cat of course the wolves. if it is one on one, evolution supports the cat family as one can notice many of the big cats are solitary in nature.

it boils down to the need to survive I don't think any predator would even risk themselves to see who would win. I side with neither

Art from Evocality

Offline Yeska

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "The gods will fall on this day...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2012, 10:44:57 am »
The natural dog-lover in me screams "CANINES!!! /thread", but, the smart person in me says "Depends on the situation, obviously each individual encounter would have a different outcome. There are many factors to be looked at, the sub-species involved in the confrontation, the difference in size and weight, behavior, the individual's psychology, and many other things. All in all, it would be an even playing feild when considering that each side has it's pro's and con's".

After careful deliberation and deciding which stance I should take out of the two choices my mind made, I go with...... CANINES!!! /thread. xD
I am odd, also, my name is Travis, but, I prefer to be called by my alter persona, Sibirskiy, or just Sib.. d:

Pet's name: Sibirskiy
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie![/url

Offline clouwnt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • capridcaptcha
    • clownzfan111
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »
Felines would likely win. Even if there's still the rules of "How many, what type, how old, what health condition." taking part in the decision. A juvenile lion against a pack of wolves would stand a fair chance for quite a while, and will walk off with some bad wounds. Two or three wolves of the seven that were in the pack would walk away tired and damaged. And would struggle, then die off. The lion would die a fair bit later.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:09:04 pm by Katachi »

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »
As people have stated before me, it all boils down to the species, along with the age, gender and health of the animal. For instance, if a Fennec fox was matched against a cheetah, the odds favour the cheetah, because of the difference in size along with strength. However, if a grey wolf was paired up with a cheetah, it is likely that the wolf would take the biscuit. They're both rather similar in size, but the wolf is greater in strength, and is not as fragile as the cheetah.

If you took every species of feline and put them up against all the canines, I'd say that it'd be difficult to say what the outcome would be, since there are more species of canine than feline (think about domestic dogs) and imagine all of those dogs teamed up against those felines. Bear in mind that some of these dogs were bred to hunt.

So, I'm not sure, but possibly the canines? All those domesticated ones (along with the foxes, jackals and wolves) put against domesticated cats (let's face it, they're not that impressive), smaller-to-medium-sized wild cats (such as Ocelots and Servals) and big cats (like tigers, lions, jaguars, leopards and cheetahs). Though, now I look at it, the cats seem to be pulling their way to the top now.

It's not safe to say who would win, not even if you put all the feline characters and canine characters that existed within FeralHeart against each other.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2012, 11:36:16 pm »
Like you said, it all depends on the species of canine or feline. I do know that alot of feline species, such as lions, tigers, leopards, cougars, jaguars, etc. are LARGE, and a lot larger than the biggest canine species living on earth. But of course, most of these big cats try to avoid canines, especially if it's a big pack of canines.
So my answer is..... anyone of them could win, depending on what species is fighting the other species.
Inactive

Offline Sophie0291

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 08:49:31 am »
Wolves are the only canines I like, but felines I like almost all like tigers, lions and more. I also like cats more than dogs for many reasons and I think that felines are better.
Felines rule!