Author Topic: Gender Identification  (Read 5297 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Gender Identification
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 11:14:48 am »
What I hate much more is when people have "wolf", "lion/lioness", or "fox" in their name. Those three are really obvious, but still they put it in >.< I saw something once which really made me cringe: a character with "F Lioness" in it....those BOTH COMMUNICATE THE SAME THING O_O you can't very well have a male lionESS, can you? ARGH!
It's perfectly justified with things like dragons, birds, or horses of course :P anything that's not immediately obvious from their appearance.

Here, here! I thought the exact same thing xD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 08:15:59 pm »
There's a whole pride next to me full of characters with "F Lioness" in their names....-facepalm-

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »
Instead of putting an unslightly random letter in my name, I prefer to place all of my characters information in their bio... where it belongs.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 11:45:01 am »
Instead of putting an unslightly random letter in my name, I prefer to place all of my characters information in their bio... where it belongs.

It's all very well doing that, I write bios God knows how many lines long, but must people seem to have forgotten they are there and don't read or write bios anymore.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Miles101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Praise Helix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
What I hate much more is when people have "wolf", "lion/lioness", or "fox" in their name. Those three are really obvious, but still they put it in >.< I saw something once which really made me cringe: a character with "F Lioness" in it....those BOTH COMMUNICATE THE SAME THING O_O you can't very well have a male lionESS, can you? ARGH!
It's perfectly justified with things like dragons, birds, or horses of course :P anything that's not immediately obvious from their appearance.

Yes, but perhaps their characters are nameless, in which case they would be called simply "fox" or "lion".

Offline Moonlady

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:45:19 pm »
i am so with you there i'm so tired of putting f by all my charaters xD

wolfdog01

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 06:50:34 pm »
OMG! you just said the "F" and "M" word! lol Ya, I'm up for destroying all the "lion" or "wolf" in the name, and the "F" and "M" too. I think it's pointless, and personally, I'm happy when a person comes up and asks my gender, lets me know im diffrent :) (OFFTOPIC! -is listening to calming nature music with birds chirping, gets a sudden urdge to play Okami- OFFTOPIC! felt like sharing lol)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29:58 am »
I saw something once which really made me cringe: a character with "F Lioness" in it....those BOTH COMMUNICATE THE SAME THING O_O you can't very well have a male lionESS, can you? ARGH!
You think that's bad? I just came back from Fluorite a few days ago and just as I was crossing the stone bridge I saw a person with the name "Female Lioness" and the character had an entire male lion mane...

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 01:48:51 am »
I do that to some of my characters, while others I don't. If I have a character that has a name that is obviously a girl's name (or a guy's name) I don't put the F or the M. If it is a name that can belong to either gender, I will sometimes put it there.
I see other players in the game do it, but I really think nothing of it.

:-\
Inactive

Offline ShelbyRB

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • I can smell your peanut butter lies!!!!!.....
    • View Profile
    • IceCub's deviantArt
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:17 am »
Be cool if they could choose male or female and then a blue male symbol or pink female symbol appeared next to the character name in the game.
 I made an example with mine

Sorry its so tiny, ....but yeah