Author Topic: How do you handle your RP fights?  (Read 8675 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: How do you handle your RP fights?
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 02:33:36 am »
I'm not a fan of godmodding or powerplaying -_-  I refuse to RP fight with someone if they godmod or powerplay. However, if I do come across someone that does RP fight without powerplaying, I will in turn fight fair.
I think roleplaying is similar to improvisation. And when it comes to improvisation acting, one thing I learned in drama class was "Don't deny an action or a statement that was given to you". In roleplay, if my apponent attacks me (lets say shoves me to the ground) I respond by falling to the ground. I get back up to continue fighting, and when I do I RP fight fair.
Inactive

Offline swiftflight

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 06:01:39 am »
My theory is that when someone says: "no miss", I laugh in their face and dodge  ;D. I also don't think dodging is Powerplaying or God-Modding, as long as it's not written like this: "miss"  :D. "miss" is for people who can't think of any better way to avoid an attack... Pity it's used so often... :(

Offline ameliaparcel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • V is for Vendeta
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 06:47:36 am »
oh I saw this topic and I flew to it like a moth to a flame. XD

Well personally, I enjoy fighting. Not because I'm a violent psychopath like some very strange people on here, but because I love the opportunity to express my skills in RP in a more direct way.

I hate godmodders. Its just stupid first off. Being invincible is just plain unfair to everyone.

Powerplaying? Well I have to admit I powerplay once in a while, just for fun though. XD

But my FAVORITE kind of fighting is the kind where your opponent is as skilled as you. Aggressive, detailed, and creative attacks and defense. And when it comes to getting hit? I don't say "dodges. misses. hit" or anything silly like that. Sometimes you just gotta take the fall. I love my group of friends because we all RP fight in that style. We know when an attack makes sense, and when it would (if it were real life) take a hard hit. So we know our turns to fall, and we no when were beaten. None of that "musters up last bits of strength and attacks once more". We know when we have to surrender, and we know when we have to die. Its great to have friends like that who know how to fight in a style that compensates to all present. XD Sorry if that was complicated.

Through twists and turns in our story. Through the sticks and stones, my friend. I'll stand by your side in this battle. Even to our bloody end.

Vagrant

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »
I for one dislike when your enemy decides you die for you :/
Especially when it's so barely led up to like "bites neck and you die"

I'm left there like "ahaha, no.. this.. no."

Dunno... I just find myself thinking that no matter how bleak the fight, someone should die on their own terms, or surrender on them as well.

Offline GreatGreyHeron

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »
I tend to make my rights as realistic as posable. I will weigh the strengths and weaknesses of who I am fighting and if they are weaker then I am I will make the note to ream their rears out. I hate god-modders and instakillers, finding them to be cowards or to damn lazy to actually try and put up a fight.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 08:24:47 pm »
When I see a godmodder in a RP I'm in, I usually avoid that person. If I'd have to fight said person, I would try to get them not to godmod, or just pass...

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

wolffoxalliance

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2012, 11:23:01 am »
I've seen some Rp's with demon wolves/cats.I undwrstand their chars migh have who knows what demonic power but some of them say that if you touch them with only a finger , you instantly die or something like that "because the char is surrounded by a dark aura"blah blah blah.You just can't RP with these guys.

Offline Sajination

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 01:02:58 pm »
Ugh, don't even get me started on godmodding and powerplay. It's down right annoying.
In Flourite, it's inevitable that you're going to be approached by an eyeburning 'lion' (who is probably a Simba fanchar) that will just randomly started attacking you with -bites- and -picks u up with supah strength and snaps ur back by thrwing u at a wall-. I mean, it's happened to all of us, right? It's just so frustrating >.< That's why I always express my raegz in whisper to a friend c: Lots of shouting.

This is why I'm not usually a roleplayer in public maps though, the noobs just interfere with more or less everything. So with all the RP's that I've had, when we're in the private map, I've always said to roleplay in turn, so it's equally fair to everyone who is roleplaying, so you don't get some person repeatedly owning you post after post ._.
Sajination does not sleep. She waits.

Offline safarirun123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Sexy *_* _IWANNALIVEINLANDOFLOTRTABLEFLIP_
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2012, 04:06:03 pm »
Omg on this barn map I sall this puppy like just born age. And he was walking allready and said "Jumps on lizard and kills" I thought that Was annoying.. So did the other players.
~             ~  * ~    Crystal   ~ * ~          ~

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »
I don't really RP fights, because I'm not that good at it and not the naturally aggressive person, but sometimes I get roped into them. I don't godmod or powerplay, and I like to keep it fair and give the opponent the choice to avoid my attack or allow me to successfully hit them.
For example, this is what the roleplaying scene would look like: Alfa swings his muzzle round to try and sink his fangs into his opponent's neck and pierce the artery. And the opponent could take the blow or dodge it. But more often than not, people tend to assume that I missed XD. One reason why I don't do fights!

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)