Author Topic: A message about the new update.  (Read 7605 times)

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
A message about the new update.
« on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:56 am »
Hello everyone, as you know Feral Heart just went though a big update and a lot of things have changed. I have noticed that there are people who are unhappy with the update and I just wanted to explain a few things. People often have a hard time transitioning into something new, if this is how Feral Heart was originally and we changed to the old way, people would be reacting in the same manner. Change is a difficult thing to grasp, especially for something that has been the same for several years, but even if change can be scary it doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad thing. It is true that there will be some bugs and glitches that need to be worked through because it is just starting out, but we had the same issue back with Flourite plains in the beginning when people would constantly have to reset their characters there when they crashed. We also had plenty of major crashes throughout the time that feral heart has existed but the staff has worked hard to make sure that we are able to still play this game. You have to remember that the original creator is no longer here, it could of just ended when he left, but no, the staff decided they wanted to keep feral heart going for all of the players who enjoy it, and they did a pretty darn good job of it despite the issues. This is a free game as well, which means staff aren't paid, they did everything they've done for free and managing a site and game is far from easy.

The maps have gotten smaller that is true, but because of this they also run faster.
The places have changed, but things do need to change in order for progress to be made. If everything stayed the same then people would become bored of the game and certain issues would never be fixed.
There is a lot more on the maps now, including an awesome underwater map.

I know it can be hard to accept change, but I feel that this update is worth it. We just need to stick to it and let ourselves get used to it. Eventually those who hate it might end up liking it a lot better as time goes on. So everyone please just give it a try, a lot of work was put into these and it is impossible to please everyone.

And now I would like to thank everyone who has worked on this update and for everything they have done involving the site and entire game from the start. Thank you, Feral Heart is a great game and even if it changes I'm glad it exists because it holds many precious memories to me and there aren't many free role play games like this.

-DarkLustyHumor

ArcticGalaxy

Re: A message about the new update.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 02:25:58 am »
You are absolutely right floof. Change is a hard thing to come over, especially when it's been 4 years since the last update. But with time, everything will work out and people will get used to it. ^^

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 02:36:26 am »
Very well said.
Sadly we can only please so many people & others can be stubborn when it comes to change overall, but unless they've actually been through what these floofs has been through they can't complain too much without reason.

As stated above, hopefully they'll soon come to like and understand the changes. ^^;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 02:47:02 am »
tbh if you don't want to play the update, it is still possible to access the old version if you don't replace it.

or at least, it was when I last attempted to test.(I tested to see if they were able to put up the 'please update to the newest version' message upon login to stop people from going ingame normally so they'd need to update, turns out you can still login and play just fine)

honestly, idk how it would work with some players in the original maps and others in the new ones- whether people in Fluorite would see people in a 'replacer' map from the new version or not or whatever, idk really

But really, it is still possible to play the old version last time I checked, so if you don't like the new version, you don't have to update.

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 02:51:45 am »
Yes, well said indeed.
I admit, it is quite the transition, but it's for the better. You can't satisfy everyone, but that's just how life works.
If the staff members feel like this game needed an update, that is their choice and they know what will benefit it.
Like Hakumi said, hopefully they understand the changes and learn to love them.

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 06:26:20 am »
As Red said to me earlier, Sacrifices must be made.

I preferably like the new update, the smooth rendering of the maps especially. Once you learn the paths, the portals are plenty easy to find, although, it'll take some time for everyone to adjust. But, come to think of it, the mods are somewhat easier to install now on newer members. Veterans, we must learn the new age together!

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline ThunderXHarley

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 08:03:36 am »
Glad you've said it.

There's always gonna be unsatisfied people, but hey. We gotta take a chance now and than, and I really think it was worth it.
Never regret something that once made you happy.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2016, 11:18:46 am »
i find it hypocritical to be complaining about the update;

for YEARS people have been complaining about having an update and nagging the mods to reach out to Kovu to get the source codes. and now they finally updated it and the same people turn around and criticize it 'give us the old FH back !!' you asked for this , you got it ??

the maps are smaller yeA but sacrifices need to be made in order to make the update YOU WANTED happen.
it saddens me to see this kind of response to something so good (that i honestly nearly cried last night)
its like- no matter what you do people are gonna complain.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 11:34:38 am »
Veterans, we must learn the new age together!

~ Whisper

Ohmygod I can just imagine a whole bunch of us older users bumbling around like old people xD "goshdarnit, where has this portal taken me now!?" "How on earth are there this many maps?" "Back in the good ol' days all ya needed to know was where fluorite was, an' never go to bonfire!"

No but honestly,  can't wait until I fix my laptop and I'm able to play this game. Change is very important, but we're never gonna get everyone onboard. I honestly believe this is the kind of refresh the community needs, and I can't wait to see the effects of it!

Offline Kitsuma15

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • Spring Hills
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2016, 12:47:44 pm »
I like the update, and I hope more will come as the years go on. Feralheart became boring and repetitive with no changes. (I didn't realize the maps got smaller. I guess everything looks huge when you're trying to find your way around :P)

I've been scoping out the maps to find good RP spots. So, that brings me to a little discussion question? Where would be the best map to play with a Lion RP? That is where I loved Flourite Plains. Since, lions live in a savanna, the plains were perfect. So, out of curiosity is there a map or a section of map that is plains like?

It may very well be the grounds map, but like the old Bonfire. Too many people. I wonder if they'll bring in the maps from Feralheart + I know the guy lost the data on his computer, but would it be possible to remake them?

Anyway, love the update. New things to see, a new reason to play.
"Only those willing to listen can hold that passionate flame called leadership."
-Said by a scout master at a scout camp.