Author Topic: Reckoning  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Reckoning

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Reckoning
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:47:37 am »
A biography
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 07:43:47 am by Reckoning »

Offline Reckoning

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
The Simple Life
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:03:57 am »
I once lived a civilian life.  Sure, I wasn't making a bank.  I did not have a nice car.  I had no medical benifits.  Life was so simple back then.  I would work nights driving a forklift and come home to the appartment I shared with my best friend and his GF.

This was before Feraheart, so I would spend most of my time playing Call of Duty or some PC game until I was tired and slept until I had work again.  It was all very routine and simple.

But there was one aspect of my life I was unhappy with.  My family...  I don't even know where to begin to explain my family.  But I do not think it matters.  I was an outsider and I didn't need them.  In all honesty I didn't want anything to do with them.

In June 2007, a 19 year old boy randomly walked into a recruiting office and signed up for the U.S. Navy.  From that day forth, he had a purpose.  But due to the delayed entry program it wasn't until February that things would change dramatically.

In the meantime, this boy enjoyed the simple life until Christmas 2007 where he had saved enough money to take the next 3 months off from working before leaving for boots.  Those were probably the most relaxed 3 months in my entire life.  I played so much Call of Duty XD.

Eventualy (and just in time as I was bored of COD), the day came for my departure to bootcamp.  That day I ventured headlong into the unknown.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 11:06:23 pm by Reckoning »