Author Topic: [solved]Can't create characters  (Read 4420 times)

FoxfangPitbull

[solved]Can't create characters
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:42:54 am »
5/1/01 - Solved off my own back.

I think allowing FH through my Firewall fixed the issue. I'm not sure, I was able to modify Dysfunctional, but I haven't been able to create another character...

MAJOR EDIT - 1/01/12 I tried to log into my account on another computer in the same household, but...no cigar.
The router to this house has a firewall, which we can't change, so I'm thinking it might be the firewall in the router.

Please can I just have some HELP with this? This is the 3RD time I have put in a help request!

I cannot edit, create or delete characters within FeralHeart or FeralHeart+. When that fails, and I press the "back" button then try and log in again immediately, the warning "cannot connect to front server" comes up. So I am left to re-start the game. I'm using FeralHeart+ now because of the lack of wings, and I have it at the top patch spec of v1.13.

Red has logged into my computer to try and create new characters on their account as a test run, but they are un-able to on this computer but it's fine with theirs.

So, if it's my computer reacting to the patch, why?! And how can I fix this?

Here are some visuals from the newly downloaded FH+ to aid you in your quest.
This is me trying to create a new character, it just sits on the creating screen. Now, replace "creating..." with "updating..." and you have my second problem of not being able to update or edit or modify a character.

HI HO HELP TEAM, AWAY!!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:32:07 pm by `Pitbull »

FoxfangPitbull

Re: Such a DISSAPOINTMENT. Help?!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 10:23:53 am »
Lol, well that failed.
** bump **
No, I will not go away, nor will I stop with this issue.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:37:16 am »
I'm actually starting to wonder if this could be a connection issue towards the server since it seems like it doesn't matter which account you use, nor if it's a fresh installed game or not.

It would at least explain why you get stuck on the creating part since it requires communication between the client and the server.

This is pretty much still a guess though since it does feel.. unlikely cause you are after all able to login and view the current characters.

If possible for you, I'd try to use first another computer, see if it makes any difference. But then also try to use a wired internet connection if you are running wireless at the moment, see if it makes any changes.

I really do not know why it acts this way for you.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:17:07 am »
Okay, I will try that and letchu know. Thankuu, Red. <3

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:31:10 am »
//Offtopic//

I saw your post about how you don't really get help with your issue, and just wanted to say Sorry I haven't posted despite knowing you had this issue. I just personally find it very frustrating when I ask a question and get a don't know back, just makes me want to punch people, so it is my policy not to do it to others. If I do not know the answer to a question, I will shut my trap (unless I have a solution I think will help, but I don't XD). Just felt I should pipe up and say that, and also that I hope you get it fixed.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:40:58 am »
//Offtopic//

I saw your post about how you don't really get help with your issue, and just wanted to say Sorry I haven't posted despite knowing you had this issue. I just personally find it very frustrating when I ask a question and get a don't know back, just makes me want to punch people, so it is my policy not to do it to others. If I do not know the answer to a question, I will shut my trap (unless I have a solution I think will help, but I don't XD). Just felt I should pipe up and say that, and also that I hope you get it fixed.

That's fine, Kyu =D Not an issue, I understand perfectly and thank you for the good wishes.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:41:07 pm »
EDIT: Okay, well, forget Avast! It's been inactive for god-knows how long, due to it's side to side configuratio, ton being in-correct or something. What I think I'm going to do, is after I have this last piece of artwork under my belt is find out how to PURGE my computer, as in, totally erase everything and then re-install what is needed. Because this is just getting stupid now.

Tried the wired internet connection and nothing happened.
If it's a connection issue between myself and le server, would any firewalls or security barriers get in the way? I have Bullguard, Avast! and Norton Security Scan (hisss?). I think I've always has NSS, never given me any issues but I can't remember if Bullguard and/or Avast! coinciding with the lack of character make-age...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:50:20 pm by `Pitbull »

Offline f.eather

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:54 pm »
It just might be the firewalls Foxeh. Try to take them off one by one. It might have nothing to do with them. Also, maybe, check your FH folder. You might notice something really silly, like the preset folder is in the sounds, or such.

FoxfangPitbull

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 12:56:40 pm »
It just might be the firewalls Foxeh. Try to take them off one by one. It might have nothing to do with them. Also, maybe, check your FH folder. You might notice something really silly, like the preset folder is in the sounds, or such.

hey sweetheart. I don't think it's anything like that since My windows Defender died, and now Avast has gone to crack =/ I think what I will be doing is purging my whole computer, literally kicking everything off and restarting it to it's former...brilliance, and probably change the OS as well to Windows 7, since I currently have Vista and I HATE IT.

Offline f.eather

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:08 pm »
hey sweetheart. I don't think it's anything like that since My windows Defender died, and now Avast has gone to crack =/ I think what I will be doing is purging my whole computer, literally kicking everything off and restarting it to it's former...brilliance, and probably change the OS as well to Windows 7, since I currently have Vista and I HATE IT.

That sounds good. My vista had problems with FH. Anyways, good luck :3!