Author Topic: The Wolf in a City  (Read 1726 times)

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
The Wolf in a City
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:10:29 pm »
Hello, I'm Kate and I love to write stories. My mom wants me to write a book and possibly get it published for the public to read. This is the story I am writing called The Wolf in a City, it's about how a young wolf pup was mistaken for a husky dog because of it's sickle tail. Even though the pup was captured he is determined to escape the city and get back home to the forest. I hope you enjoy :3

The Wolf in a City
Chapter 1
Captured

Lyren awoke in the worn down oak tree he had found shelter in and pawed outside to feel the breeze in his fur and hunt for a small rabbit or so. He put his snout to the ground and began sniffing the fresh grass for scent of a meal. The lush grass brushed against Lyren like a human stroking a dog's fur as he caught scent of a lost cougar kit. He carefully stalked the kit until he was close enough to get a nice pounce on the kit. The kit was carelessly walking around, as Lyren prepared to rush in and attempt to catch the kit. He said to himself Okay just like mother said... , then Lyren began to rush quickly and scratch the kit causing it to limp slowly away. He then quickly lashed out again with his claws and killed the kit, then carrying it's corpse into a small shrub.
     After having his meal he wandered around searching for a source of water. Then suddenly the sound of crows cawing filled the air as a eerie noise scared Lyren causing him to yelp and begin running the way of the crows as the sound of trees falling to the ground shook the Earth beneath him causing him to stumble and trip slowing him down. He was hurt badly and couldn't run anymore. So he began to limp quickly as he heard footsteps coming near him. Then Lyren gave up, This is it he said to himself as a human picked him up and stroked his fur. The human called for the others saying "Hey, come look at this! I found a husky lost in the woods!"
     He wondered why he was called a husky then he saw his sickle tail and then wondered what they would do to him. The man carried Lyren to a truck which was one of the ways humans transport themselves. But it pollutes the air because of what they use to run them. He set him down in a cozy seat then picked up a cage and picked him back up, setting Lyren in there.
      After waiting about 2 hours and Lyren fell asleep, they arrived at a pet adoption center. The man picked up the cage and went inside. He set the cage down as a woman opened the cage and began to check Lyren. "This isn't a husky but it looks like it." she said. "What is it then?" the man asked. "It's a wolf pup with a sickle tail, it looks like a husky because of its tail." she replied. "We may be able to put it up for adoption and it looks dehydrated so..." the woman paused "I will put him up here in the front so everyone can see him and they may adopt him." she finished. "Ok thanks, I have to go now." the man said as he left the adoption center.
     The woman set him in another larger cage and put some dog food and water in two bowls. Lyren sniffed the food and took one bite of a food pellet. It tasted pretty good so he had a few more bites then lapped up the water in the bowl. So this is the life of being cared for by humans he thought to himself. I could get used to this. Soon after, a young girl and her parents walked in the adoption center and looked at Lyren first. "I want that one!" the girl said. "Lets look at the other dogs first then if you don't like them we can get that one." the mother replied. They walked away from his cage and looked for other dogs.
     After about 20 minutes they came back and asked the woman at the desk if they could adopt Lyren. The woman replied with a head nod and lifted Lyren out of the cage. The little girl gave Lyren a soft put and then a little rub on the neck. That feels so good... Lyren said to himself. The girl then lifted him up off the desk and held him like a baby, rocking back and forth, and being rubbed on the belly. Then the woman at the desk said "Have a nice day!" as the family walked out the door. Lyren was carried into another car, except smaller, where he was laid down as the girl put her seat belt on. Then she picked him back up as the car began to move again. This might be a good life Lyren said to himself.

NyghtWolf74

Re: The Wolf in a City
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:04:08 pm »
I like it so far you should continue it I want to know the rest!

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
Re: The Wolf in a City
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 11:03:21 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement, I may write some more soon! ^.^