Author Topic: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. [Inactive since 04/12/2012]  (Read 21307 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Re: .: Behind the Mask of Unity :. (A Professor Layton RP, ACCEPTING~!)
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 01:26:51 am »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:42:24 am by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2012, 12:43:20 am »
((Post editted!! :D))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »
((Bump. OwO))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:50 pm »
((Maybe Vinegar Grill or Cruise Cafe? I don't know xD))

"A pleasure to meet you, Artemis!" Zecora smiled. "My name is Zecora May, or Zecora, by the way."

She giggled a little at Luke's proud introduction, holding a hand to her mouth for a moment. Watching Artemis as she rode away on the Percheron, the girl cleared her throat. "Well, um, maybe we could eat at Vinegar Grill, or Cruise Cafe? Those are the only ones I know of as of now, teehee..." Obviously she had never gotten a good look at London's buildings, despite the fact she strolled the streets every single day. She usually kept her eyes ahead, or just stared at the ground as she walked.

"It's all up to you guys," she added with a stretch. "But it must be somewhere with food." The last part was obvious, though Zecora was just trying to add a little good humor. Everything seemed boring to her without it.

Layton watched as Artemis rode away on her horse, smiling a bit in amusement as Luke sighed in dismay after saying aloud that the equine didn't believe him. "Shall we wait for her to return?" It wouldn't be kind to just run off somewhere.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Zecora," he continued, holding out a hand. The young girl returned the handshake and grinned. "The pleasure's all mine, hehe~"

((I know, Layton's is very short, I have writers' block right now and I'm being pulled off for bed in a minute ;n;))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:44:41 am by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2012, 03:46:41 am »
((Fully edited, again I'm so sorry /headdesk of shame
I hope it's not too failish at the moment, I'm being pulled from my laptop for bed in a few minutes and I haven't really got a lot to post for Layton. ;~;'))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2012, 01:17:55 am »
((Aw, heck no. It's fine!
I myself am not allowed to use the computer until seven, and get pulled off around 9:30 on weekdays. I have a lot more time whenever I'm at dad's, though. And London Life reference... *3* Makes me want Fish and Chips...))

Luke

A grin stretched across the boy's face as his mentor exchanged greetings with his newfound friend, gripping the strap of his leather satchel rather comfortably. "The Cruise Cafe sounds great!" He concurred, nodding his head while gripping the brim of his blue newsboy cap. The cafe wasn't a far ways away from Gressenheller, although it certainly took some walking, Luke didn't feel the need to complain with a healthy stroll around town. "But, do you think she'll be back soon? I'm not very keen on waiting for a while.." He explained rather softly. Luke could just imagine the Professor's response; A true gentleman is always patient for a lady.

That was when he felt something shiver down his spine, as if he could sense that something had been watching the threesome, even for a mere moment. Perhaps Zecora's behavior wasn't just from anxiety or the like..

Luke turned his head, gripping his leather satchel a little tighter, just to make sure; there was nothing out of the ordinary behind them. Yet, Luke still felt uncomfortable. "M-maybe we should just carry on. I'm sure she'll find us."

Artemis

"Bruce! Hey, Bruce!" The student's voice echoed into the small, rundown house, which sat beside the stables. She had only just made it back to the stables five minutes earlier, and within that time had quickly untacked her horse and had stored him away within his stall.

Artemis put her hand to her mouth now as the old man did not respond. "HEY! Bruce! You there?" After a few seconds, that familiar, huskey voice came into earshot. "Whot? I'm ovah' 'ere, Artemis!"

Artemis gave an audible sigh, stepping towards the open door to the man's office. Peering in, she found Bruce once again fiddling with a saddle, his neck craned a bit towards her as he had been turned away from the door for the majority of the time. "Whot is it? You're back early." Said he. "Yeah. I need a ride back into town, if you could do the favor?"

"Whot? Why? You have a horse, take him out again!"
"Well, I'm meeting with some friends to go out to eat, and you know they don't have parking spots for horses."

Bruce cocked a grey brow, stroking his scruffy beard. "When was this arranged? You know your mum wants you home. She called asking me to let you know when you got back." He added inquisitively. Artemis gave a sigh, rolling her eyes and pulling a lock of black hair behind her ear. "Look, this is important. You're just gonna have to let my mom know, alright?"

"And who is this with, then?" Bruce furrowed his brows now.
"Uh, one of my professors, actually. Problem?" Artemis cocked a brow with a challenging look on her face.
"Your professor, ay? Which one?"

Artemis gave another roll of her dark eyes. "Layton. You know that whole new case that's going on?"
Bruce turned around with a look of surprise on his face. "Don't tell me." His eyes widened in disbelief. "You, Artemis Haddock.."

He paused for a bit, pursing his lips..."Read the papers."
"Bruce!" Artemis shouted defensively. "Whot? I just never knew you would actually read the papers. I thought you hated the papers." Replied the stablehand, raising his arms in the air. "But alright, I'll make an exception this time. Hop in the car, I'll get the keys."

"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2012, 05:09:44 pm »
((Yikes, just keeping it from falling onto the second page. :> ))
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
((Just a quick notice, I won't be on at all tomorrow. I'm going to an Owl City concert in Columbus and I probably won't be back until 1 AM or so. ^^'))

With her stomach roaring as well, Zecora wasn't really intending to wait either. Although she had only eaten a few hours ago, before she departed for the streets, it seemed as if she hadn't had a bite to eat since yesterday. "Me neither. Maybe she'll be back in a minute," she suggested, tipping her head to one side in a curious way. It couldn't be long before Artemis returned, right?

Suddenly with the feeling that something was watching them, she tried to suppress a shiver. Zecora, are you sure the newspaper wasn't correct? the young girl questioned herself. She was never really interested in history or anything like that, yet the knowledge from the newspaper gave her the idea that this "Masquerade" fellow went back a long time ago. A mythical-like being rampaging through the town sounded more convincing; the thought of a creepy living thing who just appeared from nowhere and out of the blue just seemed like a fictional story, or at least to her. It made no sense.

"Y-yeah, maybe we should go." Zecora stopped her pause and agreed to Luke's suggestion, her voice tinged with uneasiness.

"She'll be back soon. Remember, a true gentleman is always patient for a lady." the man reminded him.

Layton himself was a little hungry as well, though his own hunger didn't matter to him at the moment. Patience was the ideal in this matter.
Suddenly a chill ran down his spine, like something was observing the trio. It only lasted for a moment or two, but the feeling was of suspense; looking around the Professor could've sworn there were two hollow eyes boring into them.

"Well... I suppose we could leave..." Though it wouldn't be very gentlemanly. he finished his sentence with a thought. Maybe they would meet Artemis on the way.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:30:16 am by Temporal »

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2012, 01:32:31 am »
((Edited. The concert was awesome <3 I got some photos and a video with my iPod, but sadly cameras don't like me. xD))

ヌ - ド ル

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2012, 11:41:59 pm »
((My favorite band has to be 30 Seconds to Mars. While Owl City's got some good songs, 30 Seconds to Mars just takes the cake for me.
...I'mma go ahead and further support the theory of Schizo Tech that the Layton series is also known for.))

Artemis and Luke

Luke grunted a bit, looking at the cement ground as he was admonished, just as he had expected. After a few moments, he lifted his eyes and rested his gaze when he noticed Layton shiver. "Professor..?" Luke said rather softly, a tone of concern in his voice as his mentor himself began to look around, further raising the boy's anxiety. He was relieved enough when Layton finally agreed to begin their stroll towards the cafe. With a sigh, he adjusted the strap of his satchel, and extended an arm gesturing for Zecora to walk in front of him in a gentlemanly way. He then turned his head back for one final glance, and, seeing that there was indeed nothing of interest, quickly dashed to catch up with the other two.

It had been just a little ways from where they had started when Luke heard a loud, distinguished horn of a car. At first, he thought it was traffic. Another beep sounded, the same one as what had come only moments before. Naturally, the apprentice turned his head, cocking a brow as he noticed a old, grey Morris Minor car drive towards trio. Luke was left puzzled as the car began to slow down, as well as a little nervous until he heard a familiar voice emit from the passenger seat.

"Hi guys! Sorry that took so long!" Cried Artemis as she got out of the car, careful to avoid any passing automobiles; all these years and she still hadn't gotten used to the fact that the passenger's seat was on the right side of the car here in Britain. On her shoulder was a large bag, seemingly a much larger version of Luke's own small satchel, although it was green in color. "Thanks, Bruce!" Artemis did not forget to wave her goodbye in gratitude as she dashed towards the trio.

"There you are!" Luke shouted aloud. "Ay, what's in there?" He was quick to notice the large bag on the girl's shoulder, and pointed it out in his curiousity. "Oh, I brought my laptop! I do a lot of research on stuff, and I thought I should bring this just incase." Artemis smiled, lifting the bag up a bit with her free arm. "So, uh, did you guys decide where we're going to eat?" Asked she, pulling her thick ponytail onto her other shoulder to avoid getting it caught beneath the strap of her laptop case.

"The Cruise Cafe." Answered Luke. "Awesome! I can use my laptop there!" The student smiled with glee. "Are you sure? That bag looks a bit heavy..." The boy asked, tilting his head with concern. "Do you want me to get it?" As much as he was very small in stature, he couldn't refuse an opportunity to help a lady. "Nope, I got it, besides, this bag would probably be too heavy for one your size, no offense.." Artemis pointed out with a small chuckle in her voice. "Ay! I'm not that small!" Luke said defensively, puffing out his cheeks a bit.

"Riiiight, and how old are you?" Artemis cracked a smirk on her face. "I just turned thirteen!" The boy answered sharply. Artemis paused. "Well, you still seem rather short for your age, but hey, who am I to judge, I'm short too for twenty-three." She finally gave a roll of her eyes. Luke gave a clear "Hmph" and puffed his cheeks again, crossing his arms as he began to walk again.

"Anywho...lead the way, Professor?" Artemis cocked a brow, stepping closer to her teacher. "Er, unless your apprentice wants to do it!" She raised her voice a bit to call back the boy, who quickly turned himself around. He quickly had assumed that he had strayed too far.

"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.