Author Topic: .~*~. X a c i a o f V a m i n e .~*~.  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
.~*~. X a c i a o f V a m i n e .~*~.
« on: November 15, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:13:41 pm by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:32:39 pm »

Vamine is a sacred place, full of different biomes and natural formations within each. As their names suggest, each region has a different climate.

• Krisel, the Winter Sierra.
  • Fenar, the Autumn Woods.
  • Halic, the Summer Archipelagos.
  • Shali, the Spring Plateau.

Xacia are the most common inhabitants of Vamine. Each and every one is different, and there are four types of Xacia depending on where they were born. Each region has its own distinctions between Xacia, mostly colours. They are characterized by their long, spindly legs, masked heads and feathery crests, as well as their dragon-like appearance.

Civilization in Vamine is quite remarkable. Xacia have adapted over time to become the most intelligent species of Vamine, and have developed cultural ways not so different from humans. They are very sociable creatures, and are usually found living in families. They have laws just as we do, as well as rites of passage involving mates and the transition from young to adulthood.

There are myths and legends amongst the Xacia of Vamine much like there are in our world. Some say deities walk amongst them in each region, watching over them from the inside of their civilization like parents watching their children grow up. Some say they are immortal - others say they are reincarnated in a cycle of rebirth, to grow time and again. Xacian legends do in fact walk Vamine freely.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:59:15 pm by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:20 pm »

Krisel

Krisel, the mountainous, snowy region that represents Winter. It is a mountain range spanning miles, with peaks reaching over 25,000 feet. There are caves dotted all over the mountains where Kriselians have managed to occupy, but there aren't many families still braving the cold; instead, the central hub that accommodates all Xacia, be they Kriselian, travellers or otherwise, became Bantiv.

In the heart of the mountain range, one peak, jutting high above the others, pierces the heavens at a mighty 35,000 feet. Inside, it is a maze of tunnels and caves, with huge hollows that Xacia have turned into a haven of life, that became known as Bantiv, after the mountain's ancient name "Bantivarilo". Nobody ever calls it that anymore besides the elders - Bantiv is its more well-known name.

The Xacia here are often distant and hardy, and can withstand even the coldest of temperatures due to their tough build. They always seem to be cool to the touch no matter how warm they feel, and have the gift of mist and ice. Kriselians can also see through fog without much trouble - since they can create it.

They tend to be very withdrawn because of the protection the mountains give them, but they can take more hits than they realise - unless it's fire. Their defense is well-known to be near-impenetrable.

Krisel houses many kinds of Xacia whose colours are often pale like the snow that falls around them, or rocky like the mountains. Their markings tend to be more bold than their main skin colour, which, in order of rarity going from common to uncommon, are:
- lilac
- ice blue
- rock-like brown
- mint green
- pale pink

Markings tend to be any cold colours, with the most uncommon being warmer colours like pink and yellow. They are possible, however.

Fenar

Fenar, the thickly forested area that represents Autumn. Fenarians are quiet and reserved, but they host the most magical prowess, what with the forest around them being so ancient that not even Xacian history can tell you everything about it. The forest holds deep mysteries and secrets, some of which it isn't quite willing to let go of.

Fenar's forest is more alive than outsiders tend to think. If an unwanted intruder enters its depths seeking trouble, the inner mechanism of the trees themselves begin to work their illusionary magic. Sometimes intruders can wander for weeks in the labyrinthine illusions the forest defends itself with without being able to break free.

Fenarians' magical knowledge can gift them with many abilities; most commonly healing and earth, or plant-based gifts. Once the forest grants them a gift, however, it cannot grant another, nor revoke the original. A birth is sacred to the Xacia of Fenar for this reason, since newborn souls receive their gift upon arriving in the world.

Loyal and gentle, Fenarians make wonderful companions and friends, but they can be very unwilling to open their minds when it comes to travelling outside their sanctuary. Shyness is also a common trait.

Fenar's Xacia tend to havevery subtle markings against a solid skin colour rather than having a lighter underbelly or darker skin across the back. Their colours, which, in order of rarity going from common to uncommon, tend to be:
- all kinds of deep, darker greens
- earthy brown
- oche red
- deep oranges

Markings can range from greens and browns, to oranges. Most of the time their markings can be either paler or darker than their skin colour, but it's unusual for them to stand out - it's more common to see subtle markings.

Halic

Halic, the bright and cheery Summer Archipelagos! This vast number of islands house many kinds of Xacia, and most of them love the water. Halic is made up of 32 different islands, most of which are small, belonging to different, prestigious clans. There are three main islands that hold the majority of Halicians besides the others: Lyanti, Carzo and Rinna. They are all similar in terms of size, and aren't really much different from each other in content either. Trading is a common sight in these three island's towns.

Halicians are unparalleled when it comes to strength. While often slow and mellow, they have twice the strength of a Shalian, and thrice a Fenarian. Some of them, though it is very rare, even have fins running along their backs and tails for extra power when swimming.

The ability to swim comes completely natural to Halicians, just as navigating through blizzards comes naturally to Kriselians. Their colours are totally different, however. Vivid, strong colours which, in order of rarity going from common to uncommon, can range from:
- reds
- oranges
- yellows
- sea blues and greens
- pinks

Their markings are bold and stand out easily.

Bright and often energetic, Halicians are all go. Most of them love swimming, but Halicians can have affinities for either fire for the heat of summer, or water for the waves that surround them.

Shali

Shali, the stretches of fields known as the Spring Plateau. Shali is a breezy region that is neither too hot or too cold, with a huge abundance of budding life. Fields full of colourful flowers and bright green grass cover this district, with huge, open areas on gently rolling hills.

They are almost always light but bright colours which, in order of rarity going from common to uncommon, usually are:
- light greens
- light blues
- yellows
- beiges
- light pinks
- pale oranges

Their markings are usually either bold or subtle, but tend to be lighter than their base skin colour. It's not uncommon to see darker markings, however.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:54:40 am by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 06:34:05 pm »

WORK IN PROGRESS.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:56:37 pm by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:01 pm »

WORK IN PROGRESS.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:56:28 pm by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 06:46:19 pm »

WORK IN PROGRESS
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:55:41 pm by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:46:59 pm »

Any Xacia up for adoption will be put up here! To buy a design, a deviantArt account is needed. Rare Xacia (such as black and white ones) will be exclusively available through adoption, so check back often if you're after one of those. Adopting a rare Xacia is much less expensive than ordering a custom one, which is the only other way to obtain one.

Rules

• Upon buying, you earn the rights to the design and drawing.
  • I will send you a bigger, higher-resolution image of the design you buy to use however you like.
  • You may resell, but only for the same number of points or lower.
  • You will be notified if you have been outbid on an auction.
  • Bidding will end after two days of inactivity, or on the specified date below each design up for auction.
  • Don't buy it if you don't intend to use it.
  • Don't claim you drew it. You didn't. Please credit me if you post it places - you're free to put it on your own deviantART as long as you credit for the art.
  • If you decide to buy it, please join the group it belongs to (#Xacia-of-Vamine), so I can build up a community filled with 'em. It's possible I may create a roleplay forum for the universe they come from in the future, and I would like to share the growth of it with anyone that decides to get one. C:

For Sale

- This Xacia is a Halician, having a design much like the waves surrounding the Summer Archipelagos.
 - It has no tail hair, so it can be either gender.
 - It is the first Xacia up for adoption. It's got a special place in my heart for that!
 - It is up for auction, which ends on the 20th of November. More details below.

Current Bid: 50 deviantArt points by dA user *ShadowReflect.

Autobuy Price: 300 deviantArt points.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:06:49 am by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:55:29 pm »

Status

Rules

• Lineart has been provided to make creating your Xacia easier. It's up to you whether or not you use it, but make sure you credit the original maker as mentioned in the deviation's description.
  • Read up on the information. Each biome has differences that would affect your character depending on where they're from.
  • No Xacia can be neutral colours (white, grey, black), the exception being purple. Those colours are considered highly unusual, and as such are closed to general members. Sometimes there will be adoptions of these special Xacia, so keep an eye out.
  • You can have more than one, within reason. We're not going to grant you permission to a second if you don't take care of your first, capiche?
  • Once you've created your Xacia and you're happy with how it looks, upload it to an image-sharing site such as tinypic.com and comment below. I will make sure it follows the appearance rules before you can use it.
  • After it's been approved, you can fill out its information to post as a reference. A rough guide is within this post to help you get started if you need it.
  • If you do create an approved Xacia, please upload it to #Xacia-of-Vamine on deviantArt, because we'd like to log all Xacia there for reference and the like, and also to build a community should we ever get a proper roleplaying forum set up (which I would like to do in the future).

Creating a Reference Bio

Once you've created your Xacia (using the lineart provided or not), it's time to fill out its information.

Code: [Select]
[center][b][IMG]Insert Image URL Here[/IMG][/b][/center]

[b]Name:[/b] Xacia often have a 'clan' name as well as their given and family names, remember.
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Quirks:[/b] What's your Xacia's little habits? Does it fidget when nervous, for example?
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Beliefs:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Home District:[/b] The four districts of Vamine define a lot about a Xacia's appearance, especially their appearance.
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b] Their parents and siblings?
[b]Mate:[/b]
[b]Young:[/b]

Once you've filled out the form and put your image in (make sure it's resized to fit message boards), reply to this topic and join the group on deviantArt. You can attempt to create them in FH, though I've already tried... xDDD If anybody does any better than me, feel free to share it! :P

Please note that this topic in general is still a work-in-progress. If there's anything you think would be a cool thing to add, please do give me some suggestions! ^^ While most of the basics have been thought out for the species, it's always nice having others' input!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:08:07 am by Eel Eye »

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 06:56:05 pm »

Pheos - Eel Eye

None

None

None