Author Topic: Debate Group.  (Read 16954 times)

Rak$ha

Debate Group.
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:58:14 am »
Kay, I'm not exatly sure if I'll do this, but the thought came to me today so I thought I would see what you guys think.

I was thinking of running a debate group; where there are so many people on one side, discussing something to do with FH. Example: The dance actions. One side of the debate will state they do look like dance moves, and the other that they just look like random moving.

There is one problem: arguments. To prevent this, all debate topics will be kept in the Debate board in the Competition section(if I decide to do it.)

What do you guys think?
Interested?

12dollars

Re: Debate Group.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 12:02:18 pm »
This sounds great! Looking forward to this if it does go through

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 12:24:10 pm »
Hmmm, it does sound interesting, but it would have to be watched closely, in case people go too far.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:00:59 pm »
Ooh, this sounds interesting. I say yes, I'd take part in a lot of the debates. xD

kovu2296

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 02:27:02 pm »
i agree it might allow people to vent steam and voice there views instead of trolling or flaming

Offline Robin_Wolfieh

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Squawk?!
    • RobinCanisLupus
    • ask-stark-the-narkeen
    • View Profile
    • Imgur
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:17:34 pm »
Since I debate about real life situations concerning global warming and animal abuse (which is what my Senior Project is based upon...and I'm fondly attached to all animals...including "now" snakes...) a debate board or forum wouldn't hurt that much. Maybe it will have people to be less "opinionated" and more "expansive"...so to speak.

Ayyy~

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »
Did you expect me to respond? :]

.. LOLkay.. so serious moment.

As much as I love debating, and as much as I love to go at it with other people, I honestly don't think it would be a good idea to do that. Debates usually and most often turn into huge drama-bitch arenas. It's really not a good thing to show or support, IMO.

But, that's just the thing. People are pulled into drama, and a debate group would obviously at one point or another bring in a lot of drama. Which, isn't wanted, but sometimes it may be needed for activity. However as far as I can see, you don't need an activity booster right now.

Still, if it is done, I'm sure you guys would do a good job of watching over debates and what not. I'd love to take part in it. :'D
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 06:26:37 pm »
Sounds interesting ^.^
Yes from me :]

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 08:41:51 pm »
Ooo, I like this! : D I say yes. ;3 Debates are always interesting to take part in.

Rak$ha

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 08:50:44 pm »
Great~ I was thinking of having a 'positive' and a 'negative' debate groups. Each group will start at 20 members, and they'll have their own child board they can discuss the present debate topic without anyone else seeing.

Once the debate has started and is over, the members will decide what team was more convincing. The team that loses will lose a member of the other teams choice so they'll have 19 members, the winning team will get a star under their names(start with 1)

Good?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:47:21 am by Rak$ha »