Author Topic: The Last Post Wins!  (Read 619503 times)

Offline xcandyheartsx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • back after two long years..
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Post Wins!
« Reply #2450 on: April 30, 2014, 04:28:22 pm »
yoey

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2451 on: April 30, 2014, 05:15:01 pm »
I may have corrupted Windows Update..

Since my computer told me to update, I went to PC settings and ran the update. Then I started Minecraft and within 3 minutes of launching it, Minecraft crashed and along with it Windows Update. I thought that I had extra temporary files, so I ran CCleaner, which deleted temporary files. It ended up deleting Minecraft.exe, but kept the folder for some reason. Of course I reinstalled it and ran Windows Update again, which then kept saying "Update could not install." :/

Can't do much else right now.. Except for look for a possible fix online xD
So.. Alphabutt, get over here xD

I'll help you the best I can with this one. :)

First, uninstall Minecraft completely an then try updating.
When you turned on that program while Windows was updating, it might have interfered with the process. Normally you shouldn't run any programs while updating Windows because depending on the update, it could become corrupted. Also, note that whenever you update and/or install something, you should always turn off your antivirus temporarily, otherwise the update/installation may not work properly. Do you know if the update was recommended or important? What did it update? What did it add? What was the name of the update? Did it have anything to do with Java?
I highly doubt it was anything to do with temporary files, unless it's something with bad clusters, etc.

Also, it's not normal for that "CCleaner" to have deleted Minecraft.exe. That may be why you got:

"Update could not install."

CCleaner may have deleted window's installer which is why it will not let you update, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's just a theory.

In Windows, if you go to

Start > type in, "disk cleanup" and run it on C: (C DRIVE)

You will see something like this after it calculates disk space:
Run it on what extra files you want to delete. You can just use this instead of that CCleaner which might be cleaning more than you wanted. ;) More info on this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

I'll try and research some extra information for ya' too. :3

Offline xxRedfangxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: April 30, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »
Hi.

Free Hugs!

Offline IcyFrost

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • what is life? life is cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: April 30, 2014, 10:47:20 pm »
I may have corrupted Windows Update..

Since my computer told me to update, I went to PC settings and ran the update. Then I started Minecraft and within 3 minutes of launching it, Minecraft crashed and along with it Windows Update. I thought that I had extra temporary files, so I ran CCleaner, which deleted temporary files. It ended up deleting Minecraft.exe, but kept the folder for some reason. Of course I reinstalled it and ran Windows Update again, which then kept saying "Update could not install." :/

Can't do much else right now.. Except for look for a possible fix online xD
So.. Alphabutt, get over here xD

I'll help you the best I can with this one. :)

First, uninstall Minecraft completely an then try updating.
When you turned on that program while Windows was updating, it might have interfered with the process. Normally you shouldn't run any programs while updating Windows because depending on the update, it could become corrupted. Also, note that whenever you update and/or install something, you should always turn off your antivirus temporarily, otherwise the update/installation may not work properly. Do you know if the update was recommended or important? What did it update? What did it add? What was the name of the update? Did it have anything to do with Java?
I highly doubt it was anything to do with temporary files, unless it's something with bad clusters, etc.

Also, it's not normal for that "CCleaner" to have deleted Minecraft.exe. That may be why you got:

"Update could not install."

CCleaner may have deleted window's installer which is why it will not let you update, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's just a theory.

In Windows, if you go to

Start > type in, "disk cleanup" and run it on C: (C DRIVE)

You will see something like this after it calculates disk space:
Run it on what extra files you want to delete. You can just use this instead of that CCleaner which might be cleaning more than you wanted. ;) More info on this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-files-using-disk-cleanup#delete-files-using-disk-cleanup=windows-7

I'll try and research some extra information for ya' too. :3

Let's not turn this into a help thread.. I'll pm chu with more info o.o

Because yes, everyone needs Canada in their signatures.

Offline Shenidan

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Me hoy minoy
    • zyvy-raen
    • corri132
    • zyvraen666
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2454 on: May 02, 2014, 11:01:02 am »
bwahuhwebduebdsidnsods hai