Author Topic: Constant lag? Problem still unsolved  (Read 997 times)

Offline ~Masquerade~

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Constant lag? Problem still unsolved
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:55:44 pm »
So I have FeralHeart on the family PC (which works fine, runs very smoothly and as it should do) and I recently got the laptop I am currently using back from repair. So, I decided to install FeralHeart.

I installed everything correctly as you normally would, but when I opened FeralHeart, the login at the beginning was lagging like crazy! So, I adjusted the settings; turned off the water reflection, changed the resolution, view distance and rendering (though when I changed it to OpenGL, I just crashed and had to change it back to Direct3D9) restarted, uninstalled and re-installed and still, I lagged and there were no signs of improvement.

I don't even enter maps and already it's hard to play because of the amount of lag you get swamped in. -_- Even the Lonely Cave and Cape Portal lag loads....

Forgive me if there is a simple solution, but I have looked around and I haven't come across anyone with the same problem as mine...

Also, my laptop is not slow, as I had more memory put into it after a system restart.

I have also downloaded Razer Game Booster and that hasn't helped it >_<

All help is appreciated, thank you! ^u^
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:16:07 pm by Masquerade »
?????????, ??? ???? ?? f??? ??f??? ??? f?? ~

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
Re: Constant lag?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
I have the same problem sometimes. Mine usually happens because my laptop over heats because I linger for around 4 hours straight... But if that happened inside the maps then it would probably be because of how many users are playing in-game.

Have you downloaded any new meshes, maps or any presets/items? if so then maybe that's the problem.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 05:01:57 am »
Red has a great tutorial here that could help. Good luck!
Farewell everyone<3

Offline ~Masquerade~

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:10:19 am »
I have the same problem sometimes. Mine usually happens because my laptop over heats because I linger for around 4 hours straight... But if that happened inside the maps then it would probably be because of how many users are playing in-game.

Have you downloaded any new meshes, maps or any presets/items? if so then maybe that's the problem.
The lag is happening constantly, even when I first turn my laptop on and it's so frustrating! And nope, I didn't think to download any maps, markings etc because of how how much it was lagging, I thought it would just get worse... D:

Offline ~Masquerade~

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 09:23:06 am »
Red has a great tutorial here that could help. Good luck!
I only have one CPU Core, so it won't work D: Thank you very much for the help, though ^-^