Author Topic: Harsh Wilderness | Meerkat RP | Open and Accepting Applications!  (Read 6270 times)

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:23:06 am by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

If you need any help around the forums, feel free to PM me :3

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: Harsh Wilderness | Meerkat RP | PLOT & RULES
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »

.:Plot:.
You are a meerkat surviving either alone or with your mob in the harsh wilderness. The rainy season has just recently ended, so most plants are still lush and the earth is alive with creatures ready to eat. The breeding season is soon to begin as some meerkats begin their search for a mate whereas others stay with their already-chosen partner. The Lazuli gang are planning yet another attack on the Cyttelian gang to claim territory as their gang is gradually growing larger.

[Since this is a semi-realistic to realistic RP, we will not be sticking to the rules of a real gang where only the dominant female is allowed to have a mate. Your character must, however, seek permission from the dominant female to have pups if wanted.]

.: Rules :.

1. No godmodding or powerplaying. It is unfair and quite annoying for other players.
2. No mary-sues or gary-sues. This means that none of your characters can be perfect. It is fine if they look perfect or seem perfect, but they must have at least three flaws.
3. Please ask for permission before killing of someone's character. How would you like it if your character was going out for a stroll and then BAM! they're dead?
4. If you're pregnant, be prepared to ask someone to play your pups or make sure you are able to play all of them.
5. You may only have three characters right now, until I can see you are able to have more.
6. Don't make your character fall in love with another character that belongs to you, same thing goes for being mates, its like roleplaying with yourself.
7. Please try not to leave anyone out. If your characters do not get along, that's fine but keep it in the RP.
8. No autohitting/forever dodging/automatickills/instakills/ect.
9. Please only join the Cyttelian and Lazuli gangs for now. Once we get enough characters I will allow people to join the Amira gang.
10. Loners/Rovers are allowed but there will be a limit.
11. Don't make yourself be the center of attention by forcing your character into life-or death situations. In short, just don't be a drama-queen. If you're planning on doing something big with your character, ask everyone first.
12. No one liners, and if you don't know what to say, think before you post.
13. If you read these put 'burrow' in your description.  
14. I will not allow the roleplay to start until there is roughly an even amount of each gender. We don't want, like, 50 females and 3 males (slight exaggeration).
15. Have fun! ^.^
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:23:45 am by Sherlolly »
;;I'm so sorry for my recent unexplained absence. It hasn't been a good year for me so far, but I'd like to say that I'm back for good now;;

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: Harsh Wilderness | Meerkat RP | RANKS & FORM
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:33:45 pm »

.:Ranks:.

Alpha Female - Dominate female of the gang, all betas are subservient to her. Instead of the Alpha Male, she is the one that makes the majority of the decisions. The gang's first priority is to protect her and they rarely question her decisions. Only one.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Alpha Male - Dominate male of the gang, has breeding rights to the alpha female. The dominate male is not necessarily decided as the largest male in the gang. He makes all of the battle decisions and is the leader of the defence area of the group. He will protect the gang with his life. Only one.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Beta Female - Subservient females will support the Alpha Meerkats. They often do challenge the Alpha Females their position. She is chosen by the Alpha Female, often seen as her most trusted advisor. She is the one that the members of the group go to when they need help. Only one.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Beta Male - The same as the Beta Female. The two Betas do not have to be mates but they often are. He is often the strongest male of the mob. Only one.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Sentry - Watches over the gang to spot danger. It is either done standing on the ground or climbing a tree or bush. Known to climb up to 30 feet in a tree to do sentry duty. This duty is not dominated by male or female. There is a sentry on watch both at the burrow system as well as when the gang is foraging for food. During times of less available food less sentry duty is done when searching for food. Most members of the mob are Sentries. Maximum of six.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Babysitter - Stays with the pups while the gang is out foraging for food. Different babysitters take the responsibility different days, this is not domiated by male or female. The least hungry Meerkat will often do the babysitting. The alpha female never baby-sits. This duty is for Meerkats 6 months or older. Maximum of five.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Excavators - The builders of the gang. They spend a lot of their time underground expanding and checking the safety of the group's burrows. This is not dominated by male or female. Not many have this job because most of the gang members help with excavating anyway. Maximum of three.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Mentoring - A elder Meerkat will take on the responsibility of teach a pup the do's and don't's of being a Meerkat. This includes how to raise young, how to forage for food, and what dangers lurk about. They are often babysitters as well. Maximum of three.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Pups - Meerkat babies, 10 months or younger. No limit.
Cyttelian-
Lazuli-

Loners- Meerkats that have been either evicted or lost. There aren't many as most would die if alone in the wilderness. It is difficult to join a gang once evicted, almost impossible to join the one they're evicted from. They often do sneak into gang territory in search of mates. This is only slightly dominated by male.

.:Form:.

Code: [Select]
[center][img]Picture(s) of Character. Maximum of 4[/img]
[font=timesnewroman][color=white][size=17pt]Character's Name
[color=beige][i]Quote/Song Lyrics Here[/i]
[hr]

[right][color=tan][font=timesnewroman][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Gang/Mob: [/b]
[hr]

[right][color=tan][font=timesnewroman][b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[hr]

[right][color=tan][font=timesnewroman][b]Crush:[/b]
[b]Mate:[/b]
[b]Offspring:[/b]
[b]Distinctive Features: [/b]
[hr]

[right][color=tan][font=timesnewroman][b]Extra:[/b]

Character's Name
Quote/Song Lyrics Here

Name: What your character's name is. Include nicknames if any.
Gang/Mob: Cyttelian, Lazuli or Loner?

Personality: What are your character's traits, weaknesses ect.?
History: What has happened to your character in the past? Optional.
Family: Who your character is related to. Optional.
Rank: Alpha, Beta, Sentry, Babysitter, Excavator, Mentor or Loner?

Crush: Who does your character have an interest in? Optional.
Mate: Does your character already have a mate? If so, who?
Offspring: Does your character have any pups?
Distinctive Features: What physically makes your character stand out?

Extra: Anything else you would like to add?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:24:35 am by Sherlolly »

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
Re: Harsh Wilderness | Meerkat RP | WIP NO POSTING
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 08:22:28 am »
-Save for Members and Mini-Plot-

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: Harsh Wilderness | Meerkat RP | Open and Accepting Applications!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 11:59:42 am »

Saada
You don't know what you have until it's gone away for good.

Name: Saada
Gang/Mob: Lazuli

Personality: An honest female. Saada is no pushover, she is a tough cookie. She is not afraid to voice her opinion. She is tough, and h gates being bossed around by anyone other than the leader.
History: Born in Lazuli, Saada was the oldest in a litter of four pups. She was instantly intent on becoming dominant, despite her three siblings being all boys. She became the dominant pups, and when she was old enough she rose through the ranks, and became Beta Female. She isn't exactly ready for Alpha Female yet though. But when she was settling into her rank as Beta Female, one of her brothers was killed. She was devastated, but managed to get over it.
Family: Essix (Brother, living), Shadow (Brother, Living) Eagle (Brother, dead)

Crush: None
Mate: None
Offspring: None
Distinctive Features:  Saada has a notch in her left ear, and her front left paw is completely black.

Extra: Burrow

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 01:05:41 pm »

Imara
The struggle you're in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow

Name: Imara
Gang/Mob: Cyttelian

Personality: Imara is a very unpredictable character and its hard to tell what you're going to get with her. Sometimes she can be the most loving, affectionate and caring soul who everyone loves down to the core, however. Other time's she can be a self centred creature who will snap at you for no reason what so ever: she's just to unpredictable. Although most of the time Imara is a feisty, stubborn, manipulative, cunning, playful and flirtatious Meerkat. Imara isn't good at making impressions and most don't seem to be to keen on her at first, some may continue to not like her but some realise she means good and often slowly grow fond of her. Despite her not being that old Imara is a great advice giver and will help those in need, towards friends and family she is very loyal and protective. Her trust is hard to gain but easy to lose, although if she see's something in you she may reconsider a few chances.
History: Nothing to good, she grew up in an old gang until the age of one - after that she was kicked from the gang for being to 'hyper' and apparently causing to much trouble as she tends to stirr things up. After being kicked she went into being a loner for a year, reaching the age of two Imara found herself accepted into a new gang where she has now been for two years.
Family: Kia (mother living), Timmy (father, dead), Brax (brother, living), Darwin (brother, living)

Crush: None
Mate: Nope
Offspring: None
Distinctive Features: Her markings are a lot darker than others and she has several scars from battles and also has a chunk missing from her right ear.

Extra:
~ Burrows
~ Has many scars
~ Darker markings than all Meerkats
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:45 am »
[Accepted! We'll just wait until a few more people to join for the genders to equalise and then we can start!]

Offline IndigoCloud

• Dedicated Supporter
  • That's what people DO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
-Bump?-