Author Topic: Listening! Oh what's that?  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
Listening! Oh what's that?
« on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:36 pm »
I am tired of this. This partly comes from my own life, but like everything else, it must ruin my fun.
Listening is not hard to do. You simply follow what is told, or you ask questions about it.
I have seen this in other topics and I've witnessed it, whether be it game or forum.
Nobody listens! No matter what you say to tem they do it anyway! It's like they don't know how to friggin' read, that's how bad it is!
There are rules, y'know, if you don't want to listen then all I can say, "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you".
This is no way towards anyone, so don't get your guts in a knot.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Listening! Oh what's that?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »
Mmm. I know the feeling when nobody listens.
It's rather frustrating, indeed.
However, can't expect everyone to listen.
Though it's common curtesy and you should always show at least an ounce of respect, no matter who it regards.

-Shrug.- We're all different. :I
RETIRED.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:14:29 pm »
I do understand yer frustration as stated above. Several people sometimes don't listen to what someone might tell them. Since a majority of these people you might be talking of are most likely younger users. They probably find that other users have no authority to tell them what to do, so honestly the best bet is to have patience. Guide them in the right direction, and if they still don't listen it's grounds for them to be dealt with. In all honesty I've seen users get better and better as the months have gone by at listening to direction.
 However there will never NOT be users that think nobody can tell them how to do things. My advice is really just to be patient with people and treat them with what kindness you can. Of course, if it is rule breaking they are to be reported. Outside of the game I can see it as being worse. People often don't like to be told what to do. This is just something we all have to deal with in life. I would hate to see this kind of behavior ruin the fun for you though! I hope that you find a way to have fun and still be the guiding hand to others who stray the wrong way. <3

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 09:28:04 pm »
Oi! Can't get you wrong on this one, Okami. I hate it when arrogant floofs decide that they can break the rules and do whatever they want, no matter how much it hurts others. And when you tell them to stop, they try to turn everyone against you and start swearing.

Why do people have to be like this? Also, when they do end up getting in trouble, they go on "Why did u ban me?! I wasn't doing anything wrong! I happen to be a respectful member of the community!" etc.

But like Vask advised, just ignore them.

I hear you, Okami, I know what you mean.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:26:28 pm »
Thanks guys, I think I just overreacted. xc
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!