Author Topic: [Please Delete]  (Read 779 times)

baltowolflover

[Please Delete]
« on: February 14, 2015, 05:12:20 am »
Hiii~ I need some help with a interface I'm making, (which is private, sorry) there's this one problem with a few buttons which I can't make them look how I want them too.
[Imaged removed by me]
(I mistakenly added FH+ button overlay in my FH's folder so that's why the buttons are differently placed then usual.)
Though the Action button is the only one normal, and I want the rest to look normal and how they're supposed to look like the Action button, though I don't know what texture the Action button is using.
I tried making the texture "buttonUp" (which is the texture they all have) transparent, but it made them invisible. And it effects the other buttons in the game as well.
[Image removed by me]
Is there some sort of way I can make them look normal, with the other buttons around the game looking normal too?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:35:22 am by Baltowolflover »

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
Re: Interface Help
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 01:08:00 pm »
I guess that's probably the case you added another overlay in it from FH+, it might not work properly as you expected it to be. Though, if you take a look at how the default button textures are in FH, it shall clarify you have to give them the name what they are in-game. [Don't mind the black, blank and Facebook button]

The ButtonUp.png's just need to have the normal dark blue colour in this case, and ButtonHighlight.png's a lighter blue colour when hover over it with your cursor in-game. And ButtonDown.png's, when you click on it, it's even darker than your normal blue colour. Further you just need to give the actual buttons in-game the same name as displayed here, which I guess you did, but just not the other two I highlighted in red. Otherwise may I ask what program you use to make this?? Because Photoshop or GIMP might work best when doing this.

If you plan to make many mods for the game, it's incredibly useful to make copies of several files for a back-up of which you plan to make different in appearance or whatsoever. Just so without having to worry you're messing up your game.

If you'd like your original interface textures back, here it is:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/gCR5X14d/FH_Backups.html

This is just to give you a clearer look on how to do the normal FH overlay again with your mods. The textures are an example of how to do it.
Hopin' it helps you a bit~
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:12:17 pm by Amares »
Av - AzureHowlShliach