Author Topic: [Solved] Unable to change item's size  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Nervly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
[Solved] Unable to change item's size
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:54:37 am »
Greetings, my fellow furries!

So today I created an item for my character and I already configured everything. It is on its right place on the Preset Maker and everything's working. However, it is too big, and no matter how much I change its size on Blender, it never changes to that same size, it always remains the same. So I'd like to know if there's anyway to fix this so I can actually make it smaller so it fits correctly to my character.

Thank you in advance,
 - Nervly :3

Thanks to the help of a fellow FH member, Ingredient, I was able to solve my problem! In case you're having trouble too, here's the solution!

For Blender v2.63 or higher:
 - Scale the object to your likings
 - Press Ctrl + A
 - Choose Rotate & Scale
 - Export your .mesh file

For older versions of Blender:
 - Press Ctrl + A
 - Choose Scale and Rotation to ObData
 - Export your .mesh file

Make sure no multiple files of your item exist in any of your FH's folders, since this would cause the old file to be used on the Character Creation screen instead of the updated one.

Huge thanks to Ingredient! :3
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:08:32 pm by Nervly »

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
Re: [Help] Unable to change item's size
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
Are you sure your changing the size of the item's mesh when you work in blender? Try making sure you not just zooming in or out. I can't help much since I don't have a 3D modeling maker installed or downloaded to my PC, so I'm not much help, but if I did help, please quote this and say something! Always nice to help others! :)

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: [Help] Unable to change item's size
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:16:19 pm »
Once you're done resizing it in Blender, do you save the file then convert it again? If not, then that could be the reason why. You might just have to reconfigure everything each time until you get the desired size.
I have no knowledge on meshing items and bringing them in-game, however. If you've already done the above, then I apologize and I do hope someone else here might have a solution.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Nervly

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] Unable to change item's size
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 12:07:04 pm »
Thank you for both your replies, but thanks to the help of a fellow FH member, Ingredient, I got it solved ^^

For Blender v2.63 or higher:
 - Press Ctrl + A
 - Choose Rotate & Scale
 - Export your .mesh file

For older versions of Blender:
 - Press Ctrl + A
 - Choose Scale and Rotation to ObData
 - Export your .mesh file

Make sure no multiple files of your item exist in any of your FH's folders, since this would cause the old file to be used on the Character Creation screen instead of the updated one.

Huge thanks to Ingredient! :3