Author Topic: [SOLVED] Camera Follow Character Direction?  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Return of the Lynx, Part 42
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Camera Follow Character Direction?
« on: August 03, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »
EDIT: The problem didn't actually exist, as it wasn't a problem in the first place, so this thread is officially solved!

Hi, I apologize if this has been already asked but I couldn't find anything like my problem in the search.  If a thread addressing my problem exists I'd appreciate a link.

So I came back to FH after learning there had been an update to the game.  And while it looks really cool and I'd love to explore it, I'm having problems with my camera direction.

The camera doesn't follow the direction my toon moves in automatically, instead it always faces forward and I either have to hold my right mouse button (which is painful after awhile and discombobulating) or by using the arrow keys (which is also discombobulating).  It happens in every camera mode, even F3 and it makes first-person pretty useless.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in the old version, if memory serves right, so I'm curious if this is something on my end or if the feature was even removed for some reason.

This camera movement messes with my eyes and makes the game hard to play, which is upsetting cause I was really looking forward to seeing the new stuff.

Again I apologize if this already exists, and if someone could link to the thread, if it exists, I'd appreciate it.  Otherwise any help would be great.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:27:28 am by Blindstar97 »
Protesting lack of lynxyness!
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg
One true lady, one fine lynx

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Camera Follow Character Direction?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »
You just need to change your running mode. Which can be done by pressing left Ctrl on your keyboard, or going into options and then running mode, and checking or unchecking relative mode.

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 10:59:36 pm »
You just need to change your running mode. Which can be done by pressing left Ctrl on your keyboard, or going into options and then running mode, and checking or unchecking relative mode.

Do you mean right?  Left is crouch.

But, I did try that but it doesn't solve the problem unfortunately.  Is my game broken, then?  Should I try to reinstall it maybe?
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 11:28:11 pm »
Oh yeah it is right. I am so sorry for that. But did you try going into your options>interface>running mode to see if the box is checked or not?

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 11:31:31 pm »
Yeah, and it didn't seem to make a difference unfortunately :\
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 11:33:58 pm »
Hmm...that is rather strange. Maybe you should try changing your rendering system as one last shot before having to uninstall completely.

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 11:42:46 pm »
Hmm...that is rather strange. Maybe you should try changing your rendering system as one last shot before having to uninstall completely.

Nope, still no change.  Le sigh.

Thanks for the help, but it seems nothing fixes it.  I'll try a reinstall and see if anything changes.
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »
I hope it all works out for you. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. :/

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 12:13:32 am »
Ehh I might be able to help you with camera controls my dear.

Right CTRL key.
> Allows you to toggle between two run modes.

F1, F2, F3, F4 keys.
> F1 mode = First person (through the eyes of your character)
> F2 mode = Fixed camera (how you see your character)
> F3 mode = Free mode (allows you to travel freely with your camera and not your character)
> F4 mode, however, allows your character to move first before your camera follows seconds after. Also known as chase mode.

Mouse scroll.
> Holding this down and dragging your mouse back and fourth allows you to move your camera further or closer to your character in F2 mode.

Up, down, left & right keys.
> These allow you to control the directions of your camera.

Right click and drag.
> Allow you to control the direction of your camera, also

The camera doesn't follow the direction my toon moves in automatically, instead it always faces forward and I either have to hold my right mouse button (which is painful after awhile and discombobulating) or by using the arrow keys (which is also discombobulating).  It happens in every camera mode, even F3 and it makes first-person pretty useless.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case in the old version, if memory serves right, so I'm curious if this is something on my end or if the feature was even removed for some reason.

No feature was ever removed and I don't believe something like this ever can without the source code. The camera has always been like this and has always faced forward when you control your character. The only ways of moving the camera directions are by right click and dragging or the arrow keys.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Blindstar97

• Curious Wanderer
    • casuallykindred
    • blindstar13
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:20 am »
Ehh I might be able to help you with camera controls my dear.

Right CTRL key.
> Allows you to toggle between two run modes.

F1, F2, F3, F4 keys.
> F1 mode = First person (through the eyes of your character)
> F2 mode = Fixed camera (how you see your character)
> F3 mode = Free mode (allows you to travel freely with your camera and not your character)
> F4 mode, however, allows your character to move first before your camera follows seconds after. Also known as chase mode.

Mouse scroll.
> Holding this down and dragging your mouse back and fourth allows you to move your camera further or closer to your character in F2 mode.

Up, down, left & right keys.
> These allow you to control the directions of your camera.

Right click and drag.
> Allow you to control the direction of your camera, also

No feature was ever removed and I don't believe something like this ever can without the source code. The camera has always been like this and has always faced forward when you control your character. The only ways of moving the camera directions are by right click and dragging or the arrow keys.

Really, I could've sworn it was otherwise... that's kinda meh.  I guess I'll just have to deal with it then... :\

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.  Since there isn't anything to solve, I suppose this help thread is officially closed! *pose*
COOL_EPIC_SIG_PIC.jpg