Author Topic: Animated presets tutorial!  (Read 2609 times)

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
Animated presets tutorial!
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:44:47 pm »
Hello and welcome to this tutorial. Today, i'm gonna teach you how to make animated presets!
Okay, so the first is having your preset ready, all colored and that, the thing is this.

You need to make many layers with something moving in the body, appearing, changing,etc.. Like, a part changin colors!

If you know how to do an animation, you understand me. I'll make an example:
You want your body to change colors right?, then make another layer where your preset's body change color, hide the previous layer and save it as a png or jpg, you can make 2 or more layers.
Then you are going to the preset's code and you are going to add to ''texture'' an anim_ behind it and you write the name of the images forward, when you finish, put a number forward at that is going to be the speed, the less the value of the number the faster, the more of the value, the lower. (Don't put negative numbers or 0, the negative numbers will crash your game and the zero just makes your animation to stop)
Example of coding:
material preset_6_bodyMatL
{
   technique
   {
      pass
      {
         texture_unit
         {
            anim_texture S1.png S2.png S3.png S4.png S5.png S6.png 0
         }
      }
   }
}
Best i could explain! Hope i helped you and best of the luck making your preset!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:35:17 pm by QuietMacaroni »

Offline Garfield.

• ✨Magical chihuahua✨
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • hello, it's mac
    • channel/UClsDv82N2aher_4BWUy8KPQ
    • View Profile
Re: Animated presets tutorial!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:58:26 pm »
I think you won't understand this part ''You want your body to change colors right?, then make another layer where your preset's body change color and save it as a png or jpg'', If you do many layers you need to hide the previous one and show the next and save it aswell.
Added to the explanation but leaving it here just in case.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:35:52 pm by QuietMacaroni »