Author Topic: Can't send private messages!  (Read 1260 times)

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Live well laugh often love much~
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
Can't send private messages!
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:47:12 am »
I have had FH over a year now, and because my computer is a bit stupid, it didn't get along with the site very well.
Recently it has gotten better, so I have been on the site more. I have found, that I am receiving messages now, about maps, RP's, presets, etc. But I cannot reply to them. I will write up my reply, but when I click 'Send Message' It comes up with the same screen, except there is some red writing at the top saying something roughly like: 'Your session timed out while trying to send the message. Please try to re-submit your message.'
I try again and again, but with only the same result. I have tried logging out and back in, but out of all the times I have tried it, it only sent one message, of which I am not 100% sure it sent.

If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
Re: Can't send private messages!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:06:08 am »
Hmm :/ Usually when that red message turns up it would work if you click send again. It sounds like the message turns up when a person spends a lot time replying to a message.
I'm not really sure what to suggest...

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »
Try deleting cookies. They tend to get in the way of things. It's just messy..

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:32:27 pm »
One thing... I have no idea what you mean my 'cookies'
^_^''

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »
From the side of the internet browser there is a setting called "Delete History" from there you can delete the cookie browser from previous pages you have seen.
Also common Forum names can be a problem as well so if there is a user with a name like John or Shadow alone then chances are that the system is having a hard time finding the user. But like Flobby said, there should have been a error messages at the top of the message if it didn't went through. Also just as a note that when you type a message you don't get it back in your index box unless you click on the "save a copy" to your index box
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:06:57 pm »
As flobbeh said, it should usually just be to click send again a few times.

But without any luck doing so, it's most likely due to you being logged into the site and the forum at once. Suggestion is really to log out from the site in the box next to the banner, and it should log you out from the forum as well. Once that is done go back to the forum index, and log in to the forum only and do not use the login box next to the banner.

Try to submit your message again a few times and it should work.

This error message you get is usually because you took too long to write the message and you need to reload the page for it to work again, but if this doesn't work it could be due to you being signed into both the site and the forum at once. If you did try to log off the site and just log on the forum without any luck, Deleting cookies as mentioned above is the first thing you'd want to try.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolfspirit999

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
    • Wolf Kin
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:34:36 am »
Thank you all so much! So far it has been helping a lot, all of it! Thank you again!