Author Topic: Account Deletion and New Ones  (Read 1715 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Account Deletion and New Ones
« on: January 27, 2014, 11:42:43 pm »
This isn't need for help, I just want to know.
Okay, here is my question:
If you delete your account, and registration is open: Can you use the Email you used for the deleted account and it will still work for the new account you're creating?

I ask this because I wanna move accounts, yet first I have to make it and I have no other email to use.

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Account Deletion and New Ones
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »
I'm not too positive on that. Usually, it takes a while for a staff to delete an account, due to the heavy work around here on Feral Heart. You might be able to, since you have basically 'deleted' everything in that account, however correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:40 am »
Yes, it should work. I did it with the old account I created.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 03:31:18 am »
I believe that if you want to move email address from an old account to a new one, you must login to the yellow box next to the banner, go into user details, change your email on your old account to another valid email and save the changes.

Once this is done you "should" be able to make a new account with the old email since it's not linked to any account anymore, and you can delete the forum account itself, but I believe the game account will remain for some time still.

This is not something I hear users wanting to do too often however so I'm not certain if it fully works, all you can do is try, but if it would work I'm very sure you need to change the email linked to your original account before using it again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:41:04 pm »
I'm not too positive on that. Usually, it takes a while for a staff to delete an account, due to the heavy work around here on Feral Heart. You might be able to, since you have basically 'deleted' everything in that account, however correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, it should work. I did it with the old account I created.
I believe that if you want to move email address from an old account to a new one, you must login to the yellow box next to the banner, go into user details, change your email on your old account to another valid email and save the changes.

Once this is done you "should" be able to make a new account with the old email since it's not linked to any account anymore, and you can delete the forum account itself, but I believe the game account will remain for some time still.

This is not something I hear users wanting to do too often however so I'm not certain if it fully works, all you can do is try, but if it would work I'm very sure you need to change the email linked to your original account before using it again.

Ah, ok. Thank you all.