Author Topic: What Does Open Mean?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
What Does Open Mean?
« on: August 29, 2014, 04:04:31 am »
*wasn't sure where to put this*

Dumb question here. In the roleplay board, I often see the title being something like "Open and Accepting!" I know what accepting is, but what does it mean for the roleplay to be open? Google didn't give me answers :c

AlphaEclipse

Re: What Does Open Mean?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 04:09:47 am »
I presume it bascially means "we are still recruiting," since some RPs only accept a limited amount of people. It can also mean that the RP is still active, and has not stopped.
closed means you are not able to join in because usually their was an application process and their are limited slots. Open means you are typically free to join. With permission from thread starter.
Hope that helps. ;)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:14:03 pm »
I think I'll go with still roleplaying, since wouldn't it be the same as accepting if it was still looking for members? Or now do I not know what accepting means? XD

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:29 pm »
Open" means (like AlphaEclipse said) that the Clan/Pack/Pride/group are still recruiting new members. They're still looking for new members to add, and the opposite for "Closed." If someone advertises "Open and Accepting," that means you can ask to join, and that they're looking for new people. "Closed" is an announcement that tells you that they are not accepting any more members into their rp.
I hope this helps! :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.