Author Topic: Is it possible to "unsubscribe" from a thread?  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Anathema

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
    • View Profile
Is it possible to "unsubscribe" from a thread?
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »
I had looked into this matter a while back, methinks sometime in 2012 or early 2013, and I'm fairly positive the answer was "No.". But I'm still curious, is there a way to 'unsubscribe' from a thread? For example: I post once in a thread, and thenceforward I receive notifications in the 'show new replies to your posts' area every time someone else posts in that thread. If I mark everything as read, then it just comes back the next time someone, anyone else responds to it - it doesn't matter if it's days or weeks or months since my post - it doesn't matter if the post was in response to mine or not: so long as somebody posts, I get updated about it.

Some threads I posted in date back towards the beginning of my registration, threads that I've long since forgotten about or have stopped caring about - it would be great if there was a way to remove these threads from my active notifications, as there's no need to keep me updated on them anymore. So is there a way to do it? ^^

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Is it possible to "unsubscribe" from a thread?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 10:49:09 pm »
Honestly I've never tried it before because I don't often look at the "new replies to your posts" for this exact reason. xD
Have you tried going to the thread, clicking notify, enabling it, and then disabling it? Not sure if it'll change anything, but it's worth a shot I guess? o:

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 02:22:57 am »
No sorry, as soon as you post a reply in a thread, it will show up in "replies to your posts", there's no way to get it to stop showing up once you've posted. I think the only way would be if the post itself made by you were removed all together but this is not something commonly done.

This is one of the reasons why I try to avoid game threads and such nowadays.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
No, I don't believe so. Although, (I've done this a few times))) sometimes if you go to your post and click "edit"/"modify", You might be able to erase most of your message. I haven't tried this on Feral Heart yet, but it's worked on some other sites. Dunno how helpful it will be, but I hope it helps. :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.