Author Topic: Map Making and Material Files  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Making and Material Files
« on: February 15, 2018, 06:03:19 pm »
So I've seen folks have issues in the past with their Object Maker being unable to find .material files, but sadly that's not the case here. I'm looking to make a private map for my roleplay and I went off to install a bunch of meshes I could use to do so. However, I can't seem to get my material files to work. I have them all in what I believe is the right place under my_objects, and these are the files I have:
http://prntscr.com/if82yg
But when I try to put the files for this object into my object maker, it comes out looking like this;
http://prntscr.com/iez2rb
I can't seem to get my material files to affect the base and it continues to stay white no matter what I try. How can I get around this?

Valar.Morghulis

Re: Map Making and Material Files
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:36:47 pm »
The Material file is supposed to have .material at the end of the name.
Example: GrizzlyHillsTree01.material

Also here's a tutorial If you are confused about anything else -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5up50x47Ck

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:56 pm »
I've tried to add the .material file to the end of the name, in fact that was my first approach. But it still comes out as a BaseWhite material. I attempted to reword it multiple ways as well, but its still basewhite.

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 06:43:00 pm »
I've tried to add the .material file to the end of the name, in fact that was my first approach. But it still comes out as a BaseWhite material. I attempted to reword it multiple ways as well, but its still basewhite.

Did the file you downloaded came with the .material file?

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:47:25 pm »
Yes, but I've also found something interesting. After I type "GrizzlyHillsTree01.material" and hit "Add New", it gives me the BaseWhite material, however if i type in the material file and hit Enter instead, it tells me the file cannot be found. Do I have to resolve this problem in order to get it to work? And how would I go about doing that?

Thank you so much for your responses, it's helping greatly c:

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
Yes, but I've also found something interesting. After I type "GrizzlyHillsTree01.material" and hit "Add New", it gives me the BaseWhite material, however if i type in the material file and hit Enter instead, it tells me the file cannot be found. Do I have to resolve this problem in order to get it to work? And how would I go about doing that?

Thank you so much for your responses, it's helping greatly c:

Ah you're welcome, I try xD
Also, why don't you just try to re download that object/objects that you have issues with? I've seen a bunch of people re download and it works after that 'cause they've probably done something wrong

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 06:55:26 pm »
Okay, I'll give that a shot. Should I leave the current files in my objects folder are overwrite them when I add the fresh files or should I remove them before and then just add the new files?

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 06:56:27 pm »
Okay, I'll give that a shot. Should I leave the current files in my objects folder are overwrite them when I add the fresh files or should I remove them before and then just add the new files?

I suggest leaving them, just so you don’t accidentally delete files that you actually need xD

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 06:57:14 pm »
Okay, thank you so much! Hopefully I can get this all sorted out c:

Offline Alivyre

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 07:49:24 pm »
Okaaay, we're back. I moved on from the GrizzlyHills pack and tried another mesh pack I had on hand. I managed to get one of the items to work and I got super excited. That is, until I couldn't get any of the other items to work : ') I used the same method, so I'm not sure as to why it didnt work. Unless I have to restart my feral heart everytime I add new mesh/material files to the my objects? I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.