Author Topic: Just installed the game and keep getting ‘feralheart.exe stopped working’  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Sejia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Hello, I just installed the game but haven’t gotten a chance to play because every time I go to open it, I get a pop up saying ‘feralheart.exe stopped working’. I have looked through the forums to see if anyone else has had this issue and have tried everything that has beed said to do: downloading directx, checking for extra particles, deleting everything Feral Heart and reinstalling, changing the rendering system, etc. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or why it is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Valar.Morghulis

Try getting the default Feral Heart folder from here Back-Up FH Folder.
That seemed to work for me. If that doesn't work, try manually changing the rendering system.

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Left.
    • View Profile
Do you maybe have installed DirectX? (I think it's called like that)

If you don't have you have to install it to play the game.
If you don't know how to install it maybe try to look on youtube :)

DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Check and see if you either have left-over mods or something of the like.

Just copy pasting the defaults should work.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Sejia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
That seemed to work for me. If that doesn't work, try manually changing the rendering system.

I just download this on top of what I already downloaded, or delete what I downloaded and install this? And if you mean going into the ogre file and changing the rendering system there, I tried that too :/

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv

I just download this on top of what I already downloaded, or delete what I downloaded and install this? And if you mean going into the ogre file and changing the rendering system there, I tried that too :/
Completely delete everything from the C: drive that relates to FeralHeart(save anything you want to separate files), and do a fresh install.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Sejia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile

Completely delete everything from the C: drive that relates to FeralHeart(save anything you want to separate files), and do a fresh install.

The link for that default download started downloading something completely different than the game?

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Left.
    • View Profile

The link for that default download started downloading something completely different than the game?

No it is nothing different from the new installed FeralHeart.

Did you tried installing DirectX like I said? My best friend had that problem, so when I went to her it was almost the same problem
Just she had an error when she opened the game and then FH stopped working, so I installed DirectX and then it worked
Newest version of directX
Also do you have an error when you open FH then FH stops working?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:23:49 pm by LexiChan »

Offline Sejia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile

Did you tried installing DirectX like I said? My best friend had that problem, so when I went to her it was almost the same problem
Just she had an error when she opened the game and then FH stopped working, so I installed DirectX and then it worked

Yes, I downloaded DirectX. And have deleted and reinstalled the game like 4 times, tried changing the rendering system this last time before giving up and asking here. I just went to download the default file in that link, but it started downloading some software I didn’t want instead of the game
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:29:17 pm by Sejia »

Offline LexiChan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Left.
    • View Profile

Yes, I downloaded DirectX. And have deleted and reinstalled the game like 4 times, tried changing the rendering system this last time before giving up and asking here. I just went to download the default file in that link, but it started downloading some software I didn’t want instead of the game

What's the name of that software?