Author Topic: These Butts are Made for Swinging  (Read 2614 times)

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
These Butts are Made for Swinging
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:39:48 pm »
The headbang, the headswing and the buttswing - these are the three choices of dance actions we have been given. But what are your opinions on them, the buttswing in particular? I have a sneaky feeling that this action will spark quite a fair bit of discussion.

I see people use the buttswing for a number of things. An innocent little dance being one of them. The other things being the not-so-innocent harassment, such as swinging their fluffy butts in peoples' faces or over other users. We know that this kind of harassment is against the rules and that many users have suffered the concenquences for it.

It has also been brought to my attention that some individuals think the buttswing is a "stupid" action and shouldn't have existed in the first place, and that people are being punished for using the action is "stupid". Do you share this notion?
Personally, I think they are wrong; from my view, I see the buttswing a litte bit of fun and as a dance action, just like the headswing and headbang, nothing more. Yet some users interpret the intention of this action differently, as something lewd and inappropriate and use it for misbehaving. For that, we cannot blame for game creator, nor the game's staff. The only people we can blame are the users themselves who use the buttswing for the wrong things and mostly likely did not read the rules or just don't care about them.

Any thoughts? Please, share them. :)

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: These Butts are Made for Swinging
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:51:26 pm »
I agree with what you said here, Doc.
I think that the dance moves are made for the purpose of dancing. I myself rarely ever use the buttswing in a danceline/dance party kind of thing. I usually do the headbang, cuz it's my favorite.

It's a shame how some people abuse and misuse these actions. I have seen people use those actions, especially the buttswing in a lewd, inappropriate manner out in public maps for everyone to see.  Also, I too have heard some people talk about how they think the dance actions are stupid and were created to be provocative/suggestive.  ::) I won't repeat what they said, since it isn't appropriate to share on this forum.  I somewhat understand their point-of-view, because they were telling us how random people would come up to them and use the buttswing in a lewd manner toward them.

In conclusion, it's all fun and games until someone has to come along and turn it into something that would be considered offensive.
Inactive

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 02:29:58 pm »
The stupidity lays in peoples lack in understanding of "Why" the buttswing cannot be used in certain ways, but also their lack of self control in general when it comes to anything in the game that goes against the rules. Even though it's a matter of opinion in this case, when it comes to the game, it's said that it should not be used in a bad manner, and that should be followed, so if someone ignores that they really get to suit themselves. The dance move itself though "Buttswing" is really not bad at all, I find it a good dance move that can bring quite a lot of derpy moments. It's just too bad that some lack the brain cells to use it well enough around other players which gives the whole dance action a bad reputation.

Without a doubt though, Headswing is my favorite due to it being more "natural" if I even may say that, but I do believe you get my point, but I would probably like the headbang more if it weren't for the excessive amount of hip motion, not really sure why it's there.

Just like any other user I wish for the day when we can get more animations and actions into the game since it would make a huge difference. Not to trail off the subject but you could see how big of a fuzz it got when we got some wings and an item system to use, I do believe everyone can imagine how big of an impact several new actions would have to this game. The dancing actions are used a lot by everyone since it's one of the things in the game that really allows users to have fun without sitting and modifying and creating maps and presets.

Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:06:42 pm »
I think buttswing is okay, well, until you use it the wrong way. If a group of people are buttswinging (or even one person), using it as a funny dance, then it's okay. But when people abuse it and use it for that form of harassment, that's when people begin to thing bad of it and call it stupid and a dumb action to make in the first place. The thing is, people just can't get their minds out of the gutter for once and consider it just a little dance, not a ticket to harass people.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:29 pm »
The thing is, people just can't get their minds out of the gutter for once and consider it just a little dance, not a ticket to harass people.

I know right. There's a line between having a slightly 'dirty' mind, with perhaps more mature jokes, or associating a word or action with something crude, that's what happens when you grow up, and actually behaving in a dirty way. Thinking it is one thing, doing it is another.
I think so anyway.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Moment4Life

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Icon by Glitchpatootie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »
I have to agree with what has been said. It just shows immaturity, and it gets very annoying to brb for a second, then have a lion buttswinging over you. People will also buttswing in my face, probably in a feeble attempt to provoke me. The action itself isn't bad, it's how people with dirty minds ruin it for everyone. -.-

Offline moonshimmer100

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 11:03:04 pm »
i think buttswing is fine until people use it for immature and innapropriate things i hate it when somebody thinks its funny to buttswing in your face i like the action headswing better
Hello random person! ^_^

Offline bluemushrooms

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:24:03 am »
When people use it just to dance, its totally different. I hate it whenever theres these people who make their own characters specifically to do that, in Ficho, I saw a DOG HUMPER 9000 sprint right past me..