Author Topic: Mini-Mods?  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Mini-Mods?
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:18:47 am »

After exploring the forums and going through the forum contest sections I ran into a few "mini-mods" What exactly is a mini-mod and what do they do? I don't ever see them in the list of FH staff members on this site. So out of curiosity... what's the difference between a regular FH mod and a mini-mod?

???  ???  ???
Inactive

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Mods?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:32:20 am »
My interpretation of a 'mini-mod' is someone who has the power to moderate only one or so boards/threads. They basically have moderator powers but only over given areas.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 04:35:03 am »
Yeah as Woofkita said from what I know the Mini-Mods are individuals who are trusted by the forum staff to help regulate small sections of the forum. Like xRubyx in the Preset Contest section. They seem to have the same powers as the mods when it comes to locking and deleting certain posts but only in their assigned little section.

Although there isn't a specific section about the Mini-Mods in the FAQ:
What do the different MOD titles mean?
Admins - Are the ones in charge of the majority of the site and staff and their work is to not only help as any other mod, but also to help the rest of the staff when needed, keeping things structured.
Global Moderators - Are moderators granted some more powers and responsibilities around the forum to help and assist with the staff work, but also the ones moderators can turn to if admins are not around.
Moderators - Are the ones defines the word moderator. They move and lock threads around the boards, suggest things within the staff, keep users within the boundaries and do what we see as moderating.

You can read more about the moderators here on the forum from this link :) :
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=21992.0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:43:07 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 04:36:53 am »
Or the TEC, Eye of the Werewolf childboards and stuff. There are specific 'mini-mods' of those childboards and what's in them, but only in the specific one thy are assigned.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »
Mini-mods are people who have less responsibility as a normal mod, but they do have work a bit! Like in preset contests, or roleplay. Lord Suragaha's explaination is perfect. Theres  mods in-game all the time, feel free to ask them, but they are very busy and might not respond.

.-.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:30:51 am »
Like said above already Mini-mod are just for childboards on certain parts of the forums. Such as the mini-mods for the preset contest. They are only I'm charge of that section and that is all the power they really do have. They have no such power like that in game. That's mod or admin stuff for game.

I'm a mini-mod for TEC here on the forums and all I really do is look after my section and help people wanting to join The Ebon Circle
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:15:23 am »
So of a mini-mod is someone with mod powers over sertian things would i be a tiny,midget,leperacon Mod, b/c i have no power but i like to instruct ppl on the rules of the forums such as post in wronge places and unusable words.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 03:07:56 pm »
So of a mini-mod is someone with mod powers over sertian things would i be a tiny,midget,leperacon Mod, b/c i have no power but i like to instruct ppl on the rules of the forums such as post in wronge places and unusable words.
It's not really considered mini-moding when just helping people around the Feral Heart forums. If anything it's just a kind helpful gesture of assistance. Take the monthly presets for example, some members are in charge of that who arnt even staff and there only power is in that section only and this is it. Like for example:

This is our (The Ebon Circle) section of the forums. The ones assigned there are in charge or locking/deleting/ or just rearranging files. The only kind of power we only have is in our designated section of the forums. Like I can't go on other forums and lock them such as a staff member can.

But there is a fine line of being a mini-mod really, I've been hearing different meaning to that word.
Here on forums we are just a group of people who look after a section of the forum and this is all. We can't ban or anything else in game, that's for staff members to do.

But please anyone else wondering what a mini-mod is, just read when Lord has to say in the upper comment. It's a clear gesture of what ranks mods are and or just informational detail you might want to know.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

SoulRevenge

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »
Everyone else above me has pretty much well-explained what a 'mini-mod' is; someone who helps out in there own little section, and doesn't do much else. The end. Poof. You don't get that beautiful red-text or anything in the game, you just help at your assigned little section- like Feareh posted, the most typical places in which someone would get a section to look after and what not would be in the roleplaying boards, or like others said- preset contests and other kinds of contests.

But, from what I've heard there's also another 'definition' to this or whatever- this would be the 'alternate' definition.

Mini-Mod: Someone who acts like their a moderator of a site, game, etc. . when they really are not. This is usually demonstrated when they point out everyone's mistakes, try to stuff their noses into moderator and administrator business, and act like they are in control, even though they are not.
Goody two-shoes what isn't so good, basicly. These people are not actually considered entirely 'helpful'. However, take note that there is a thick but hard to see line from mini-mods and actually helpful people.

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 05:05:39 am »
I gets sad feeling you may be refering to me on the point out imstakes, b/c i po9int out when osmeone misplaces a topic or uses bad language ;_: ur not are you?