Author Topic: Did You Read the Post?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Did You Read the Post?
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:22 pm »
Does it ever urk you when someone doesn't read the topic or a post on a discussion, and they post a response or something that isn't even relevant to the topic or a post someone made? Sometimes I see someone make a reply to a post and I think, "Did they even bother to read that post?" It's rare, but it happens.

Here is one example I found on the forum. Names were not included.

Okay, so what message are you trying to convey? I understand that you are trying to say that we can make a difference, but how? You say we CAN make a difference, but we don't because we're 'lazy'. The staff may be doing what they can, but what exactly can we do? If I may ask, what have you been doing?

If you are trying to make a judgement here, please realise that you're having the horrible thinking.
I have been doing a lot of things floof, for example: markings. I have done some a few months ago just to update the markings and some maps. Many more. I understand that you might disagree, but you aren't understanding the fact that they are tired. The only thing you care about is what I have written here. I am not the one responsible to tell you how to make a difference, you should figure out yourself because there are more than 100 brains on Feralheart.
No heart feelings, this is your opinion.

I won't say what topic it came from, but it didn't end well. It was clear that the person in the yellow text didn't read the post they quoted.

One other example is when I read the user intros in the Introduction section. It's great to see some new members coming into Feral Heart and introducing themselves. Sometimes we will get intros from members who are NOT new to Feral Heart but new to the forum. Even if they said they been playing FH since it first came out and read the rules and know their way around, some people still post all the links to the rules, manual, DA page, ect. Um... I know you're being nice by saying hello, but didn't they just clearly say that they aren't new NEW to Feral Heart? Was going through all the trouble to post all the links and explain to this person who's been playing for 2 years the ways of Feral Heart necessary? Did you even read the intro?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to say that people who post something that isn't relevant to the topic or as a response to a post are stupid. I just think some people need to be more attentive to what they are reading. I've seen topics and discussions that had blown up in smoke because someone didn't read, or didn't understand what a poster was saying.

What are your thoughts on this?
Inactive

Offline angelre0702

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • Been here a while.
    • killingcve
    • View Profile
Re: Did You Read the Post?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:19 pm »
I've had many encounters with those types of people.
It rubs me the wrong way, due that you've probably made an important post and they go ranting off about something off-topic.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:48:21 pm »
(Decides to reply with irrelevant stuff) Yeah! I always wondered why they decided to call it floof!

Just kidding... lol

But yeah I've seen this kind of thing so many times Dx I honestly don't know why people reply such irrelevant things sometimes. I think some people are posting for the post count rather than really reading through topics and giving proper responses. I can understand if someone read through a discussion topic and maybe saw the point the wrong way and perhaps responded to it in a an odd way but when they reply to things that weren't even discussed it's really ridiculous. I think that people should just avoid posting if they aren't truely interested and applied to the topic at hand and if they didn't read through it completely. Read through the topics people... don't just read the thread title and skip through it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:50:50 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:28:54 pm »
well actually sometimes people could write something that is replying to the main post, but people take it as they were replying to the post above them

however i get what you're saying c; i have done this many times and i think it is plainly because i didn't understand what exactly i was replying to.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 02:12:03 am »
I honestly, haven't seen this too often- maybe two or three times tops. But when it does occur, It sort of makes me look around (even though I'm alone) to see if they're actually addressing me.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.