Author Topic: If you could change your ingame username, would you?  (Read 10975 times)

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
If you could change your ingame username, would you?
« on: June 22, 2016, 08:30:50 pm »
I was talking with my friend today and she finally noticed that we do not have nicknames on the forum anymore. So we got on the subject of getting our usernames changed. I know this isn't a realistic thing that could happen, but this is just a "what-if" thread ;]

So my question to everyone is: If you were given the opportunity to have your actual username changed then would you? Why? What would you change it to?

I know I would. I don't like this old 2011 name I have, I haven't went by it in quite a while so it just feels like a couple steps backwards. I'd change mine to molassescovered, I've taken on that name in different places and it's just something kind of generic that I think I would be able to keep for quite a while.

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: If you could change your ingame username, would you?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:33:18 pm »
I'm quite fond of my current username, so I don't think I'd want to change it. But a long long time ago I had a cringe-worthy username, hence why I chose to create a new account upon return to the game. But knowing me, I'll probably get bored of my username sometime or another and want to change it. xD Interesting topic by the way!~
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:52 pm »
Interesting topic ~!

I don't think I'll change my username, since it represents my OC, my anime self and it's just a name I have grown to love overtime.... If I were to change 'Hakumi' out of the blew, I might still refer to myself as Haku or some other variation by mistake. Lol.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »
Not really because I like this username, and it is so much easier to remember. Also I had it for a long time, and there wouldn't be any point in changing it.

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »
No, I would not change my username.

It is actually a normal one, especially from my angsty child days. It also represents my uniqueness as a 5th grader (which at the time, I was only beginning to join the creative muses). I cherish it too much to change it. Yet, my second account; Aweu, I may want to change that, but then again no. Aweu was I sound that I made when someone made me uncomfortable and the word itself made my heavy mood lighten or it made me smile. Though, I forget the password/e-mail for it so I'm stuck with this which is perfect okay. ^^;
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 09:47:08 pm »
I'm sticking with mine for the time being. I know I tend to get tired of names and wanna change them, but this one I have now is probably the most creative one I've made and it just represents me somehow, don't know why. But interesting topic!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 11:20:45 pm »
There have been times when I think of a neat username, which can make me want to change my current one, but I'm quite content with the username that I have now. My username sometimes reminds me of memories during the time that I had created it, so it's safe to say that it's a keeper in my heart.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »
Honestly, yes: I would.
I would change it to something that actually represents my personality because "XxhazelwingxX" was just a username someone else came up with and it's honestly rlly cringy looking back on it now.

Offline Lazy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Ship Loves You <3
    • http://JShipArts.deviantart.com
    • http://lazy-jenn.tumblr.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 11:33:05 pm »
Well, yes and no. I really like my user name but sometimes I wish I could change it to something else actually related to me, and not how I was feeling when I made the account.
If I could I would probably change it to Ship actually.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 02:47:01 pm »
I honestly would not change my username because of the fact that I do not have such motivation to necessarily "improve" the username, or change it so it's more.... eh, I don't know, unique? I'm very grateful to even have a username, since most of the time I spend hours trying to think of one suitable in terms of myself but have always missed the FeralHeart Registration in doing so. I know that some people dislike my username since it possibly seems childish, but I like it how it is and will never plan to change that. ^_^

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡