Author Topic: User Authority Change?  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Nak3dAng3l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
User Authority Change?
« on: December 26, 2016, 05:13:44 pm »
Have any of you noticed something odd?
I've been seeing members subtly pushing authority over other members, with things like them "giving permission" or "rejecting permission" to ideas; characters, and topics. It's honestly making me uncomfortable and I feel like I'm being pushed behind others in words of status at some points. Not sharing names and such, but it seems like some users must make a reply to a topic before other replies on that topic can happen- or that the entire positive or negative response to the topic depends on that member's response.

Thoughts?

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: User Authority Change?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 05:51:02 pm »
That's normal on many boards, so many boards i visit have the same culture where most people have the same opinion as the loudest mouth(s) and people who dare to differ are labeled 'trouble makers', even though they just different.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Klipspringer

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • D'aw, I need wings...
    • View Profile
    • about me
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:34 pm »
Yes, I've kind of observed this myself. I think it's just a simple matter of cliques. As Kuri pointed out, on certain topics few people tend to agree/disagree in deviation from the typical response to try and keep an "argument pacifist" and fit in with the mainstream responses. Which, isn't a bad thing, but, where's the fun in a forum if everyone speaks the same point?

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:00:45 pm »
I've noticed this over many years of being on boards. And it's quite sad really. Just because someone acts or talks in a certain way they get treated differently and can't get their point across to others. Kuri actually made a great point saying that some people are labelled as 'Trouble-makers', Just because of a few things they did wrong when starting of playing the game. I myself has caused a bit of trouble in the community, But I feel like FeralHearts forum community is very good at forgetting things that have happened in the past and focus on the future.
But as Kilpspringer said, It's not really fun if everyone in a thread post speaks the same point, It's nice to see a bit of variety when it comes to voicing opinions. 
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png