Author Topic: FH FAQ  (Read 3025 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
FH FAQ
« on: January 16, 2017, 10:30:53 am »
If Feral Heart had one large FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread with various segments what do you all think you'd like to see there? (Specific questions I mean) I'm just curious.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: FH FAQ
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 12:31:10 pm »
I think putting in how to make presets, and downloading items/markings/maps would be a helpful section of an FAQ. It seems like a lot of newer players find some of the tutorials out there a little hard to understand, and it'd be nice for them to find the answer in one place.

Maybe throw in something about the login page, as well? Quite a few new fluffs don't realize they have to keep it open, and if they checked an FAQ to have the answer right there, it could help more of them get online.

How to put images into forum posts/siganatures/profile pics if forum stuffz could make it into the FAQ as well! Possibly along with some of the usable forum codes, since newer forum-goers seem to ask that sometimes, too.

I think making a Feralheart FAQ would be beneficial to everyone in the end. I'd love to see one implemented!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:37:04 pm by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:11:07 pm »
Yea !!
It'd really help everyone out and it can cut back on constantly getting the same help threads when they're already answered here. Plus, players have something to look back on quickly and easily if they need to check out something.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:12:17 pm »
^ I second everything that Edo mentioned above. I think a FAQ page would greatly help to reduce the number of help threads of the same issues going up and make it easier for problems to be solved quickly and efficiently.

Perhaps also adding a section dedicated to the new user would be a good idea, like a quick start guide? I would suppose questions in this section would concern logging in/going in game for the first time, how to get started in game or on the forums, a guide to the interface in game, and maybe a What do these terms mean kind of question. I know that when I first played FH, it took me a good week to understand what mapped/mapless meant or even role-play for that matter xD. Something that taps into the gameplay side rather the technical side if you get where I'm coming from.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:59:20 pm »
   Everything Edo mentioned is everything I could think of.
I love the idea of a large FAQ center.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:53 pm »
I second all of what the rest have said as well.

I think a forum F.A.Q would greatly benefit the community, and help so many new floofs so they could resort to one place for answers.
Great idea.

I'd run through the help threads and add those question, too. c:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:37:42 pm by Accailia »
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 04:44:12 pm »
A FAQ thread would be greatly beneficial to not only older members, but to new members as well. One thread to look back to to solve quick problems without needing to make repetitive help threads.

I'd definitely comb through the help boards and see what literally seem to be frequently asked questions, and add those in. Definitely a lot of what Edo said and what Kynvuu said, especially in regards to the issues a majority of the users face such as login page issues, preset issues, etc.

I'd also add in a short guide to the User Panel functions. Many members don't know they can change their username from there, and especially returning members who haven't been on since the update could take a lot from knowing that they have to reset their characters and how to do it.

You are amazing <3

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 06:45:44 pm »
A nice idea, here you go! :D

---FAQ---
How to create and verify an account?
How to install the game?
How to log in & what will happen if I don't verify my account or type my info wrong?
How to keep the game from logging me out?
How to use images on the forum for posts, avatar and signature?
How to make my text fancy on the forum?
How to fix everyone having a white texture in game? (How to get markings and items?)
How to make/upload/download/install a public&private preset?
How to make/upload/download/install a public&private map?
What do I do if something doesn't work?

These are the questions I can think of without looking around everywhere.
I have seen most of these questions many times, except for that last one which I added because some users tend to use other peoples posts or create a duplicate post simply because they are "too lazy to look and see if it has been asked before." or because they don't know where to post for help.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »
Wonderful idea! I knew that this would be something you guys were looking into and I'm glad it's being brought up now.

In addition to what everyone else said, as I agree with all of their suggestions, here are my ideas:

• How to message a moderator on the forums (very important in my opinion)
  • How to keep the login tab from logging me out (via Tab Refresher)
  • How to update your graphics drivers. Although you can use Red's helpful link here: http://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=514.msg4225#msg4225
  • Include a section with links to the Deviantart and the Tumblr page
  • Upgrade the Preset Sync tutorial (for the latest version of BitTorrent Sync which is now Resilio Sync)
  • How to change your Rendering Subsystem via the ogre.cfg file and the ingame options

If I think of more as I go along, I'll be sure to mention them here. I've had several ideas but can't think of them all at the moment ^^
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:35:53 pm by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.