Author Topic: Have you ever lost a post?  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
Have you ever lost a post?
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:56:43 am »
So I had nearly finished writing a big post when all of a sudden the internet turned off, when I regained the internet the whole post was gone. Has this happend to you? If so you know the pain baha.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever lost a post?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:01:54 am »
Oh man, it's happened to me countless times. And every time I wanted to throw something. Kinda why I wish a feature where you can save a post as a draft so it you wouldn't lose it could be put in. xD

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 06:15:09 am »
Oh man, it's happened to me countless times. And every time I wanted to throw something. Kinda why I wish a feature where you can save a post as a draft so it you wouldn't lose it could be put in. xD
Yes that'd be amazing! Or an auto save.

Offline Skat

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • Sorry guys I left. Can't delete profile sadly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:47:56 pm »
Oh yes. And not only that

When instead of enter you accidentally press backspace and instead of deleting a letter it wraps you to the site/place you were before creating your post and you have lost everything x-x It happens to me especially when I spend ALOT of time making bios for characters/type something important.
| Skat  | Weirdo | Foodsexual | Nice to meet you :D|

Me and my children PFF XD

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 08:43:19 pm »
Not the same situation but I have accidentally closed out of a tab with a post I was writing in before because I'm a goof x3. There is the feature to Reopen Recently Closed Tab but I wasn't careful enough and lost all of my content. I tend to write my longer posts out in OneNote and copy and paste them out into the reply window incase this were to ever happen or if I ever want to review my post a few times before posting it publically. I've lost connection when on the forums before but thankfully I don't remember a time where I lost a bunch of information because of it.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 02:41:30 am »
I've never had that happen, although I do tab out, and upon tabbing back into the window, I hit the backspace key, and all that work goes poof. ^^

I can be a bit clumsy, so it happens frequently, although I've been getting better at it. For a while, the forums used to keep all your info after you backspaced, so I became used to still retaining some resemblance of the info. It doesn't do that anymore, however, so backspace now has the power to annihilate your progress-- all at the press of a button.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 04:14:52 am »
It has to be one of the most heartbreaking things baha.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 06:46:24 am »
 I did once have a worrying moment where my device's battery ran out right after I tapped on Save Post, I charged my device for a second then turned it on again hoping that edit I made wasn't lost. Luckily the post had managed to save right before the battery ran out, but it was still a scary moment. I think I have actually lost a post once, all because of the way I configured my keyboard's row of customisable keys that put the F5 key right above my most used key. I still use that row of keys to this day, I've just bound that customizable key to something other than F5.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:53:07 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2017, 07:01:24 am »
Yes. Yes I have. I remember writing one with 50+ lines and it all effin' disappeared when the internet and god said "Nupe :3"
doing what i feel like

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 02:41:40 am »
Ooh boy, all too many times. I remember about a year ago I was typing up a tutorial on wolf genetics or something and my laptop derped out and lost internet and I got so angry I just quit writing it. It's always the long posts that I spend too much time on that get messed up.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya