Author Topic: The best compromise to advertise (Without any extra chats) (MODS PLEASE LOOK)  (Read 1862 times)

Offline hysteriaa

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • "Life is too precious, do not destroy it" -MTeresa
    • View Profile
    • Muse.mu
So this whole thing about getting rid of general is getting just as much negative as positive around people I've found, even though I just got back on FH after a year xD, so I decided to make a compromise that might just work.

So, obviously the game creator people can't make a new chat so lets just forget about that. It isn't gonna work.

Movie clips can be full of people who spam, do useless clips, clips about 'im back' or 'how are you doin people'? So I don't think advertisers should use something that can be used by other people. They should have something/ somewhere where they can advertise by themselves so that people who are looking for rps can go there without distractions and find a good rp for themselves.

So, since I assume the mods are capable of making another map within all the public maps (since they made southpole and stuff) there should be another map called 'advertising' or something for people wanting to advertise their rps and for people wanting to join an rp.

In this map there could be:
-sections/ islands with signs that spell out 'wolf rps', 'cat rps', 'lion rps', 'dog rps' ect. (I could make the signs if you want!)
-Little hills or rocks on each island where the rp leader (and maybe their members) could advertise their rp
-Flowers or some kind of thing that separates each rp advertising center from another on each island

I could make any of these meshes if its easier, mod people.

(Now please note I'm not asking that it be EXACTLY this way, just anyway close to this where it is all organized in a way that is easier for all of us)

So, you can add to this idea or spread it around or tell me how awesome it is ect xD I'm not sure if the mods look at these ideas or if I need to pm them about it so Imma just post it here. This could work and change all of FH forever! It's more efficient and the best possible way for people to find and advertise their rps! This way it wouldn't take like 6 hours just to get barely 3 people in your rp.

Comment below please!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 04:40:03 am by Muser »

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Even though it's a good idea, many users have already thought of this as well as requested it of the MODs to do something as such. Though while the MODs cannot make a new chat, I'm afraid they might not even be able to create a new map to add to the maps we already have without the main source code, which Kovu currently hoards to himself like some selfish floof. They need the source code in order to activate that, "Hey! There's a new version of FH! Go download it NOW!" pop up when you try to sign in to FeralHeart in-game, I believe. Plus the fact not many users use the forums at all so even if they were to make a map, not many users will know about it besides those who use the forums. Yeah, it might spread around eventually, but it'll take a long while considering all the users who play FeralHeart. If I am wrong about this, please feel free to correct me however.
gone

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
So, since I assume the mods are capable of making another map within all the public maps (since they made southpole and stuff) there should be another map called 'advertising' or something for people wanting to advertise their rps and for people wanting to join an rp.

Mods are not programmers, we do not have the ability to add a new map to the game. Mods did not make any of the in-game maps, they were added by Kov back in the day.

it's a nice idea, however it's not something we're able to do.

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
I, personally, like the idea. Though while MODs cannot add maps into the game, they can make the maps just like any other member....

So, my thoughts in supporting this is, what if a member/MOD made a map for advertising and spread the word about it? I understand there will be some troubles such as:

New members being unable to access it
People who cannot download maps
People who are not permitted to download maps, etc.

But if it helps out, it's worth a shot right? ~ I'm sure the majority of people in FeralHeart would be more than happy to download and those that can't download (Don't know how) Could be taught by a few volunteers. As for those who cannot download maps as a whole (Aren't allowed) then with the map being used, the SB would be open for mapless roleplays. Or maybe there be two recruiters. One in map, one out. (Unless the RP itself is mapped o.o)

It's a longshot idea and there's no guarantee the map will get used or that everyone will hear about it, but if it stops hassle and give members a place to advertise then it may just stop the fretting about General being gone...

Think it'll work? -Twitch-
~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
There actually has already been a member-made map strictly used for advertising only. It's called Clockwork Islands. I think it's pretty unique but you'll find more information about it below:

Clockwork Islands

It isn't that very popular but, like you said, it's worth a shot getting the word about it out to the public.
gone

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
Well I'm glad that's cleared up :P ~ I'll be sure to pass it out to all of my active friends and ask them to spread the word too. It should be much easier for members to recruit this way too. I know just how hard it is to advertise since the removal of Gen, but we have to live without it and find new ways to find members.

I'm sure a lot of members will be highly appreciative of the map, more so those who are truly struggling to bulk up their members. A lot of people have turned to mapless RPs since it seems they're the only ones able to find, but the SB is starting to clog and the lag is getting worse causing frustration and even server crashes (I'm guessing it's the cause anyway o.e). I used to have my own groups and such, but I've near given up. Before I didn't get many members but now, it's even harder. -Twitch-

Thanks for directing me to the map though :P ~ As I've said I'll be sure to pass it around and use it myself.
~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline hysteriaa

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • "Life is too precious, do not destroy it" -MTeresa
    • View Profile
    • Muse.mu
Ah I had a feeling we needed Kovu for that... Dang....

@Vespian that's so cool! I'm going to download it and try to spread the word. Thanks for the link!