Author Topic: The Chat  (Read 7111 times)

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: The Chat
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 06:39:30 am »
I've actually had the same issue with Xenek.
Ever since I've downloaded FeralHeart the chat box has been transparent, until I due an interface mod, I'm not sure what causes this but it doesn't really effect me that much.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 06:40:17 am »
Regarding your last edit your chat box should look like this if you haven't changed it.

(As well as Morgra's post)

That is very strange... Since the first day I joined and downloaded the game, which was in March, the chat's been 100% transparent. Was/Is something missing in the download?

Could be yeah....That's what i'm guessing. That or it's some type of glitch. Have you ever done a reinstall since March by chance?
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 06:58:08 am »
Could be yeah....That's what i'm guessing. That or it's some type of glitch. Have you ever done a reinstall since March by chance?

I never even thought to do a reinstall. It took a week to find the legendary markings and download them, now I don't remember where they were- reinstalling, if I'm guessing correctly, would mean losing those, which I would very much like to not happen.

This said, however, should I remove that edited-in suggestion and post something about it in the help board?

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 07:01:34 am »
I never even thought to do a reinstall. It took a week to find the legendary markings and download them, now I don't remember where they were- reinstalling, if I'm guessing correctly, would mean losing those, which I would very much like to not happen.

This said, however, should I remove that edited-in suggestion and post something about it in the help board?

Yes, that would mean that you would have to reinstall Legendary markings and items and other modifications you may have. However, this might be the solution to your issue.

You can remove the suggestion if you'd like if you think it would confuse others. And I wouldn't make a Game Help thread until you've found that a reinstall doesn't solve the problem, but yes, further questions and answers should be addressed on that board.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:03:34 am by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 03:33:07 am »
Sometimes a suggestion for "saving" the posts that you've missed is to scroll up and screenshot it quickly so the incoming posts won't constantly make you look back to the very bottom of the chat box. I've always done so to keep up if I ever roleplay (which isn't often), yet I agree with the idea that the scrolling bar on the chat box should be edited in some way to be "easier" to use.
Thanks for sharing your ideas, floof!

To prevent me from being bumped down to the bottom of the chat box, I just hold on to the scroll bar on the chat box as I read and if I have to quickly read the post below/find a great then I screenshot the post I was looking for. As for the problem with finding the post, making the chat box taller seems to help a bit. But I have ran into the problem where I had to carefully scan the chat for just one post after I had been afk for a quite some time, even when I used those two techniques of searching the chat.

And in my opinion, I'm not quite sure about the change, being a compulsive screenshotter who screenshots every interesting message in the chat. The posts disappearing at the top of the chat window could mean that if I go afk for too long then I could miss some interesting posts in the chat(I sometimes go afk for hours).

Others could have a problem where they forget and/or miss a rp post that explained a change in the rules and so they end up telling off those who follow the new rules that were described in that missed post.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:42:21 am by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Xenek

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:02 pm »
And in my opinion, I'm not quite sure about the change, being a compulsive screenshotter who screenshots every interesting message in the chat. The posts disappearing at the top of the chat window could mean that if I go afk for too long then I could miss some interesting posts in the chat(I sometimes go afk for hours).

Others could have a problem where they forget and/or miss a rp post that explained a change in the rules and so they end up telling off those who follow the new rules that were described in that missed post.

That wouldn't be an issue, if the secondary idea came into play as well. If you read the full post, you would know that the idea of having the older, "deleted" messages available to see in the way of "see older chats" was also stated. Though, "view older messages" sounds better, now that I think about it... Still, the point remains. The messages would not be lost forever if you go afk, as long as they implement that as well as make the chat easier on those of us who do not afk for hours as a time.

Offline virtualmilk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • virtual-milk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:17 am »
i think this is a really great idea and would be pretty beneficial in-game

-
memes bring me immense joy

if you see me in-game, feel free to say hello

Offline Searse

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • blackairborn
    • siaphra
    • XxBlackAirbornxX
    • BlackAirbornx
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2017, 05:06:11 am »
I think FH should add this. Would be useful to use for the local chat.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »
Would this idea require access to the source code?
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »
Would this idea require access to the source code?
I've been trying to think of a way of faking it without the code but i lack the computer skills.  Kind of like how the direct X ENB mod things do their thing.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"