Author Topic: What kind of groups do you join?  (Read 1796 times)

Offline kaczuszka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
What kind of groups do you join?
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:10:22 am »
Is there anything particular you look into? Such as the popularity and size? Or do you prefer to join brand new groups and see them grow? Does rp and plot matter to you and help you decide if you're interested or not? What impacts the most on your decision?

For me I prefer to join new packs that I see potential in, it is hard to meet everyone and fit in when there is a multitude of members and sometimes you might even get left out because of that. Groups that include the social aspect are a go to for me, I love making new friends and having a group to call my family. Plot is not a big deal to me I prefer the story to evolve and develop as we RP and base it around our choices and ideas. Active and loose groups are also major factor in choosing groups for me, I want to be myself and forget about perfect english and punctuation without getting screamed at heh.
hi hello

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of groups do you join?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 03:53:02 pm »
I'm trying to settle down with RP'ing as it takes too much time up for me and I'm already busy as it is.
But I'm currently in the Mevrexous Pack and they're pretty open to let anyone join. (You still have to be at least Semi-Literate though.)

If I ever do want to look for an RP I'll look into these certain things
1) I don't want the RP to be over populated.
I'm very bad with remembering names, especially creative ones like Xander. So learning more across from various other RP's would just be a nightmare for me.

2) I sort of prefer to join new groups as I like to evolve with the pack/pride as it grows stronger with new each coming member, but yet again, some old RP's can be very inviting.

3) It has to be semi-realistic. I'm not saying unrealistic RP's aren't good, it just isn't my thing I guess, while I'm RP'ing I quite like to describe my surroundings other than character design so I guess it doesn't really matter? But if I'd ever make an RP of my own I would make it semi-realistic to have a variety of colour and everyone has their own individual, unique character.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

MoonwalkingZear

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »
Something that suits my interests so to speak. I enjoy groups that are open to other characters besides the usual wolves, lions, and cats(oh my!). As a callback to my past on FeralHeart before the June 2016 update I remember hanging out with those creepypasta fans.

Anyways long story short I enjoy something that tickles my brain and doesn't tackle any clichés.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 04:08:26 am »
I like roleplays that involve rituals/ceremonies, gore and battles.

I like semi literate and semi realistic roleplays that don't use only wolfspeak.

I don't usually partake in wolf and lion roleplays but I'll join cat and demon roleplays if they sound interesting and are rivaled/soon to be rovaled.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 03:15:44 am »
Groups that are fine with kids under 13+ and they do not have gore in their maps and they are fine with bad literacy.

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 05:14:57 am »
Some things that turn me away when looking for a group are;

Lack Of Fairness
I'm not a huge role player due to the frequent cutting in that some people do, it can be very draining.

Repeated Plots
if the plot is constantly the same thing it can turn me away from the group entirely

The 'war'
Okay this one is the biggest problem I come across, if two or more people within the group are constantly fighting over who's life is worse it ruins the whole roleplay. [Person 1] "As she swims her legs begin to weaken causing her to slowly dip under the water, when she finally spots land the last of her energy is used to get back to it. Touching the warm ground she collapsed almost apearing dead." [Second person] "seeing the young creature wash up to the shore made her feel hopeless and broken, she decided to end it all there is nothing anyone can do to stop me." After the second person says something like that the first one has to ruin what they built up to go save them but when they go to save them they tell them some petty story. This leaves the group in an awkward 'what do we do now' state.

Poor Punctuation and spelling
I have always had a '2+ sentence' rule but when you get the groups that tend to simplify every thing without looking for spelling or punctuation mistakes it can more then likely not make any sense. For example: 'i ate the dead cacus it was very filling' I mean don't get me wrong I do enjoy a joke roleplay when all you do is make fun of eachother and I do understand not everyone's first language is English.  Of course simple mistakes are okay aswell, no body is perfect.

Rudeness
There is nothing like a good old friendly group that doesn't look for drama and keep to themselves unless recruiting but when all your group does is fight and role play in inconvenient places it can be thought of as unfair and/or rude.

Lil rant thing over and of course the opposite of all these are my ideal group. xD
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:21:00 am by Chipz »

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:39 pm »
Hmm, I've honestly never been a huge group person, but I certainly can get behind smaller, close knit, unaligned groups.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya