Author Topic: Endless Crashing and Errors with Rendering  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Chthonic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Endless Crashing and Errors with Rendering
« on: October 02, 2013, 10:06:21 pm »
I thought I might as well post a thread askin' for help before I go ahead and do the obvious, which is uninstalling and re-installing the game.

Problem #1- Whenever my game opens in Direct3D9 Rendering System, it will only take me as far as the first menu where you can select options for the game. As soon as I click OK to enter into the game, my game will close with no warning. I recieve no error messages. This issue only started a few days ago.

Problem #2- This may be an easy solution, but I feel as though I should ask. Whenever I stay in Fluorite Plains for more than 10 minutes I get the FeralHeart.exe error message, and my game closes entirely. I'm not sure if this just due to the popultation of the Plains, or if it is an error with my game. Additonally, when I do happen to get back after a crash, I tend to "respawn" as someone else's character. This can happen many times consecutively and evidently leads to my game crashing again. *This crashing will also occur if I switch to a map after having left the Plains.*

I have download many mods for my game to change things like textures etc. I have not had this issue until a few weeks ago. I have checked my particles, objects and essentially everything I could to see if it was an issue with copied files. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them soon. I would be most appreciative if there was any fixes that do not include having to uninstall/re-install the game.

Thank you for your time.~
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:13:27 pm by Chthonic »

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
Re: Endless Crashing and Errors with Rendering
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 10:37:36 pm »
Well if you have a windows, Direct 3D will not work on it, so ensure that you are playing in OpenGL by going to options>video settings>game>OpenGL then restart your game.  It's a normal but simple fix! When you receive the feralheart exe.. It basically means you crashed, it's not unusual especially I'm a map that contains around 300/300 users at a time,  to prevent this problem of crashing, you can go to a less populated map, if you're still experiencing this in another map.. Then that's still not unusual.. try adjusting your game settings..  Shut off your water reflection and view distance..  And even name tags..  Ensure you don't have many tabs up + Feralheart.^^ are you experiencing any other problems? I'm on my iPod so I'll explain In more detail once I get on my computer if needed! If you're still experiencing these problems..  Then your game may be bugged..  Try reinstalling! The mods you have downloaded might be giving you grief aswell.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:43:24 pm by RawSyndicate »

Offline Chthonic

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:57:19 am »
It seems to be working better. Thank you.~

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Good to hear its working better, Being an very old member on the game it-self, The map "Last Cave" as an tendicy to do the "Spawn as someone elses charcecter" FeralHeart for me as been acting up. Hope-fully FeralHeart gets better.
BOOM!