Author Topic: Rape jokes.  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Rape jokes.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 07:55:20 pm »
I honestly don't understand how people would find rape jokes funny. Like many of you said, rape is a very VERY serious subject, and should in no way be taken lightly or be joked about. I've known someone who was a victim of rape in real life. She doesn't like to talk about it, and she certainly finds rape jokes insenstive and rude.

Some people may think that rape jokes won't have an impact on someone, but they CAN, especially if the jokes are being said in the presence of a victim. Sometimes a victim can develope post-tramatic stress disorder because they were so tramatized by the terrible experience.
Often times the people telling these jokes here are just young ignorant kids who really don't know the severity of rape and how it affects people who were victims of rape. Makes me wonder if they would still find it funny if it ever happened to them. How would they feel if someone were to wrongfully force them to do something against their will? (God forbid that it does, because no one should have to go through such an experience).

All in all, I'm glad that this community doesn't tolerate such behavior and would gladly get trigger-happy with the screenshot button if I were to see anyone making such jokes or do buttswinging over someone as they shout out "Lol Rape!" Yeah you think it's funny now, but are you still going to laugh when you found out you been banned for your insensitivity and stupidity?
Inactive

Offline IcexWolf1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • http://icexwolf1.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
    • HollowedWyld
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »
I can't stand these jokes. People seriously need to grow up and think about other people for a change. Any form of rape or sexual harssment isn't humorous at all. Both my best friend, and my boyfriend were victims of it, and I know their pain. It hurts. And people who haven't been through it have no hope of knowing, but that doesn't make it right.

Offline TheFourLinks

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • We are the Links. That means we're awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 06:03:03 pm »
Rape is not funny in any way, shape, or form. Anyone who jokes about that topic are very insensitive and rude. How would they like it if they were actually raped? I'm sure they'd be scarred for a good few years. I have a friend who has been raped, and if she even sees the word 'rape', she freaks out. Rape is not funny. Rape is not cool. It is messed up and wrong, and people should never joke about it. ~Vio
I'm too awesome for these guys... -Blue Link
I like cookies :3 -Red Link
....I'm surrounded by idiots... -Vio
Fighting evil crap... gets boring. -Green Link

Offline longjump

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • FhNature
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »
It's horrible. Simply horrible
In my opinion I think SOME children joke about it because, well, I don't think most of them truely understand what it is they're joking about. A kid wouldn't know how that stuff 'works' so to them it's not that bad of a thing
That or they're insensitive pricks
Either or
But I've met kids in the game who don't actually know what 'rape' is and thought it was a dance
Not joking.

'Glory drakes are radiant, friendly creatures, that sparkle in the sunlight'

Offline IcexWolf1

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • http://icexwolf1.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
    • HollowedWyld
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »
It's horrible. Simply horrible
In my opinion I think SOME children joke about it because, well, I don't think most of them truely understand what it is they're joking about. A kid wouldn't know how that stuff 'works' so to them it's not that bad of a thing
That or they're insensitive pricks
Either or
But I've met kids in the game who don't actually know what 'rape' is and thought it was a dance
Not joking.

Woooowwwww. -.- That's just wrong.

Offline RawSyndicate

• Bagged Milk
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
  • OG Floofins
    • View Profile
    • DA: RawSyndicate
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 10:27:57 pm »
To be honest, I find this subject quite hard to talk about in my case atleast. I've personally have had many experiences with this subject, serious experiences.. Some that I'm embarrassed to talk about.. With me... My friends to the point of death. People need to understand that something like this cannot, and will not be taken lightly. "Rape" in any subject matter is NOT okay. I just don't think people understand the severity that exists behind it actually, to compare, "That's so gay" gets dropped on a daily, which is the exact thing that's happening here. Sadly.. Kids these days have been put under the influence that saying it is funny, popular, and okay. I get that, they were brought in that way, society.. Community, but in order for it to stop..The community needs to butt in. No, it won't just disappear into thin air, but eventually it could with just.. A few words.

I guess all I'm asking of you is, if you see someone saying offensive things like "Rape" or any sexual content; please ensure you report it too the staff, and afterwards politely tell them that what they say could offend people. If they fight back, you've done enough. Ignore em. Although, I'm quite proud of the staff in this way.. Since they've really been buckling down and containing this issue more than before.

I think I've said enough, thanks to whoever is reading, hopefully this problem will be resolved soon ^^

Offline Wizardmymom

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • probably suffering rn
    • the-aquamama
    • pharahraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 12:21:49 am »
This is a serious topic, though I must say.
Most kids DON'T know what Rape is.
Best example I can think of, is in The Glass Castle.
The little boy kissed her, and the next day, he said he raped her.
So...
Most kids don't think of it majorly.

Only thing I can think of. -Shrug-
Trans, gay, and ready to play