Author Topic: Help with Color Masks.  (Read 839 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Help with Color Masks.
« on: December 14, 2017, 01:05:48 pm »
Okay so I am great at making color masks for my maps so the problem is not HOW to make color masks, the problem instead is about layers of color. So let me try explaining a bit, there are three base color layers Red (1st layer), Green (2nd layer), and Blue (3rd layer), but I once heard somewhere that you could in fact use more then 3 layers for the color mask, if this is true can some one please tell me what the OTHER 3 colors are for the other color layers? Apparently according to this one thing I watched when I was learning how to make color masks they said there is actually a total of 6 layers though the secondary 3 colors layers have a glitch where they will glow and expressed how they hope it will be fixed soon. So my question is what is the colors to use for the second 3 color layers in the mask, if Red, Green, and Blue are the first set of 3, what are the second set of 3? Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Color Masks.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 02:52:34 pm »
Hello Shadow! I'll try to quickly explain this to you now:

So basically, there can be 6 color layers, BUT, only 3 colors to choose. How does this work?
Well, basically, to use more than 3 layers of color, you'd need two files of masks for the same map. In the places where you want colors 4, 5 and 6 to go, you will paint black, and then paint the black in a different file as shown below. Let me explain you with pictures:

This is MapnameMask1. Black is "Empty" And will not be filled. (Black should be in a different layer to red, green and blue when you're painting them unless you're using pixel (which i am using, but also with layers), otherwise it will be veeeeery difficult to paint the black clearly if the edges are smudgy. You could end with overly dark borders or overly bright if you overlap both masks, which is something you probably don't want.

OK so, i know select the black, and i color it red, a bit blue, a lil bit green and then the rest of the map on full black. It'll end up like this:

This file ^ i'll name the same (not necessary but to keep everything tidy) but instead of "mask1" it'll be "mask2."

then, you'll open map maker and follow these instructions:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:04:52 pm by SophyTheLioness »
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0