Author Topic: Help with converting .obj to .mesh OGRE IS NOT WORKING.  (Read 3364 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Help with converting .obj to .mesh OGRE IS NOT WORKING.
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:53:31 am »
I wish there was a way to simply export a thing I made in Blender to .mesh with out all this other stuff. Someone I met told me about something called DeleD but when I try searching it I get no results from google and what i do get is no where near what I wanted. Please help, is there any other way to convert .obj files to .mesh or must i use this stupid Ogre stuff, because ogre is not working anyways is this really the only thing I can use to make a mesh for feral heart? Please help I am sick and tired of all this non-sense when i just want to make a house or something for feralheart to use in my maps and share with others so they can also use it.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Help with converting .obj to .mesh OGRE IS NOT WORKING.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 08:42:24 am »
lol ok try this bad of tricks, i don't think it even has to be on drive C. From memory i just chucked a mesh exported at the command line via drag & drop, came out as XML, threw it at it again, came out as .mesh, job job, worked a treat.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i8ccmilduap1cc8/OgreCommandLineTools_1.7.2.zip
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 09:41:38 am »
I am no coder, it would be helpful to know just what I have to do to make this do what I want it to do... only code I know how to do is making material files for already made meshes...

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 09:53:55 am »
This is what I get when I try using the tools of the ogre thing.

04:53:15: Creating resource group General
04:53:15: Creating resource group Internal
04:53:15: Creating resource group Autodetect
04:53:15: Registering ResourceManager for type Mesh
04:53:15: Registering ResourceManager for type Material
04:53:15: Registering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
04:53:15: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Skeleton
04:53:15: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Material
04:53:15: Unregistering ResourceManager for type Mesh

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 01:10:23 pm »
Drag the file onto the Ogre converter while it's closed(Drop the file right on top of the converter's icon), the converter will convert any file that's dropped onto the icon.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 01:29:46 pm »
Hi there! Bloo has written out a lovely tutorial on how to convert things using DelEd. Its very easy and no coding is required! I use this method myself and it takes only a few minutes to convert things.

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=61246.msg845607#msg845607
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:17:21 pm »
Hi there! Bloo has written out a lovely tutorial on how to convert things using DelEd. Its very easy and no coding is required! I use this method myself and it takes only a few minutes to convert things.

Thank you, but I am having trouble with things i export from blender, DeleD can't seem to export it in mesh form even though I have the OBJ importer and the Multiverse Exporter that supports .mesh conversion.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 01:42:55 pm »

Thank you, but I am having trouble with things i export from blender, DeleD can't seem to export it in mesh form even though I have the OBJ importer and the Multiverse Exporter that supports .mesh conversion.

When you export from blender, are you exporting in a .blend format or a .obj format? Because Deled should work smoothly if you have an .obj file to convert. I wouldn't use the Multiverse Exporter since it only works for static meshes...instead I would use the ogre exporter plugin on Deled as its specific to .obj ---> .mesh. The Ogre Exporter is also specific in that it will give you everything you need to put the mesh into an Ogre specific game, such as Feral Heart.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 01:46:26 pm by Kynvuu »
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 09:14:50 pm »

When you export from blender, are you exporting in a .blend format or a .obj format? Because Deled should work smoothly if you have an .obj file to convert. I wouldn't use the Multiverse Exporter since it only works for static meshes...instead I would use the ogre exporter plugin on Deled as its specific to .obj ---> .mesh. The Ogre Exporter is also specific in that it will give you everything you need to put the mesh into an Ogre specific game, such as Feral Heart.

I actually tried both, first i tried the .obj format which is what would of been the format I would use, but upon trying to export it as .mesh DeleD said "Could not export Computer/User/Destination/Object Name" something like that. Sometimes the mesh I made would not even open in DeleD giving me an error message saying it failed to import something like that.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 01:07:02 am »
Did you follow the tutorial that I provided before? If you follow that everything should work smoothly.  You have to have .obj importer installed in order to open the .obj in Deled.