Author Topic: We need a chat notification sound XD  (Read 1602 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
We need a chat notification sound XD
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:39:39 pm »
This is more just a general thing since I actually don't mind there being no chat sound though it would be helpful if there was since my friends would be talking to me while I am doing two different things at once sometimes and then they spam me with "Are you there?", "Are you AFK?", "Shadow? You there?" XD So even though I am not sure my chances of this ever actually happening I just wanted to throw it out there since it would be helpful to get a little ding or something when a IM comes in in the chat. May be a bit annoying though if there are more than just your friends and you in local chat, but it would be helpful to know that someone is talking to you or sent something. Just throwing the idea out there, I don't really mind if it is done or not :3

Valar.Morghulis

Re: We need a chat notification sound XD
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:20:35 pm »
It would definitely be annoying in local chat, but for Whispers I think that It’s actually a great idea! If whisper chat had some sound notifications. Not sure If it’s possible but dang It would be awesome!

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:21:41 pm »
i think this is a really great idea!
this is a feature in world of warcraft (probably in other blizzard games too, but i don't know a lot of people outside of wow so i cannot say for sure), which it plays a little noise when somebody sends a whisper you, and it's a good thing to have, especially when you're tabbing out!
i think also a noise for whenever somebody in your group or one of your friends comes online like in wow could be really handy as well!

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:38 am »
I'll move this over to the Game Opinions & Ideas board, as you are suggesting a change to the game.

I'm not sure if we'd be able to add it without the source code, but I love this idea. As someone whom is constantly tabbing in and out, I can see the assistance of an audio cue to nudge me to my senses when multitasking. It may be tricky or prove a bit counter-productive with a "ping!" each time a message is posted in a public chat, but one that notifies you when whispered would be helpful; perhaps, even, one that allows you to be notified when a specific person is speaking. (This one could help if you're trying to keep an ear out for a friend's message, as you referenced.) Of course, you would probably have the ability to toggle it on and off, too.

Cute idea. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:39 am »
I tab out constantly. Sometimes, upon tabbing back into FH, I curiously scroll through the chat... To find a whisper from someone on my friends list saying hello, or someone saying my preset looks good.

Chat notification sounds will be very useful! Especially an option to toggle which chat makes sounds, so you won't be bothered if you're chatting with many people in a private chat, but you won't miss anything in a roleplay in the private chat when everyone's typing paragraphs.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 12:46:48 pm »
This would be pretty useful! If I have FH's music off, I tend to completely forget that I have FH open sometimes.. a few chat dings would be pretty useful, even if only for whisper/group/party/etc. Nice idea!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline emmiere

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:09:51 pm »
I really like this! Expanding on the just-whisper idea, I think it would be nice if you could set which chats you'd want to make noise, since there are some (albeit few) that do spend most of their time in local or general.

"You don't tame a vixen, you just travel in her wake."

Offline Michen_S

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • michensneeuwhart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:42:11 pm »
That'd actually be great to have. You, sir, are a genius.