Author Topic: Why are people addicted to WoW?  (Read 2811 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Why are people addicted to WoW?
« on: January 09, 2018, 10:51:50 pm »
I am not saying it is a bad game I just don't understand why people like it so much, when I tried it I got bored within the first few minutes and I was already hating it when I got to the character customization options, they were too limited for me when compared to other MMORPGS I played. I just want to know why people like the game since I did not understand what was so great about it when I tried it, I felt the combat was repetitive and the missions all seemed like the same stuff. So if there are any World of Warcraft players on here, mind explaining to me why you like this game so much that I just could not get into? A lot of people like this game and get addicted to it, but when I tried it to see what was so great about it, I was unimpressed and did not get why this game was said to be so good, by so many of it's players.

Erranti

Re: Why are people addicted to WoW?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:52:39 pm »
Probably cause its fantasy? You know, dire wolves, dragons, monsters, etc?

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 10:55:01 pm »
I know but I play a lot of fantasy rpgs because they are my favorite kind of rpg games, though I just could not get into WoW. Just wondering what people like about it so that I can have a better understanding, from another's point of view.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:55 pm »
All people have a different taste in games. Some people feel the same way about Feralheart here. They think its boring. Some just don't take to games like others.

Erranti

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 11:04:18 pm »
I know but I play a lot of fantasy rpgs because they are my favorite kind of rpg games, though I just could not get into WoW. Just wondering what people like about it so that I can have a better understanding, from another's point of view.

I understand

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 11:16:06 pm »
i believe the wow addiction age has sort of ended in recent years, or at least died down quite a bit.
i know it was quite a big issue about 6 or 7 years ago, however i didn't play it then (i actually only started playing a little under a year ago). it was because back then, the game required a lot of a person's time, as everything took much longer back then, and the people who tended to get addicted to wow hadn't really anything better to do.
there's a lot of different ways to play the game, and although the first few levels are atrociously boring and linear, it does get much more interesting later on, such as when you can start doing dungeons and when you start getting into the other expansions.
there are limited character customisations at the start of the game, but as you progress, you get access to more options and can change some features of how you look any time you wish.

for me, last year was an extremely rocky year for me, and i found a lot of joy spending time leveling my very first character all the way to max level. it gave me a sense of accomplishment and pride, something i was really struggling with back then.
people all have their own reasons for playing wow, whether it's like mine or they just really enjoy the game, it's all in their taste. i completely understand why you might not be that into it, but just know that what you experience in the free trial isn't a fraction of what it's got to offer. (i and a lot of others think the free trial system is pretty flawed and should definitely show off a bit more to interested people)

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 11:37:22 pm »
I played for 2 years but then stopped.
It is really not so much fun if you are alone. I mean, you run through the game and do your stuff but have noone to interact or talk to while that.
Some prefer being alone, many others seek company.
I have to say if i would have someone to play it together with, i really would get to play it. But all alone? Nuh-UH!

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 07:06:02 pm »
never question cult classics

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 09:04:40 pm »
i believe the wow addiction age has sort of ended in recent years, or at least died down quite a bit.
i know it was quite a big issue about 6 or 7 years ago

Yeah same thing I've heard. There was some update that seemed to set a lot of the players off... That and the whole membership payment stuff.

Either way though the game was/is one of those games you have to play for a while to grow into. I think a lot of people like it because there are so many neat types of armors, classes, mounts, missions etc. I do believe older players enjoyed it more though. I think WOW has lost its charm over the years. In recent years MMORPGs don't seem to be doing as well. They're sort of a slowly "dying" class of games... that or they're just losing popularity these days. Maybe it's just a phase as is with VR etc.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 03:14:58 am »
It's an large and well respected franchise. It's been online since 2004 and Blizzard has been a company for a lot longer. Back in the day it used to be huge but in recent years, starting when Cataclysm was released, player activity has been decreasing. I think it's because the game is more suited for players that have played for a long time + have lots of free cash to spend. Starting off is super boring and can put off new players unless you're part of a group.

Not really a big fan of MMORPGs myself, but I have played WoW for a little bit and I have a bit of a desire to play it sometime again in the future. GW2 will always be my fav though.