Author Topic: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //  (Read 319227 times)

Offline WarriorStuckGirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • "You are who you are.. dont put ya self down"
    • ISpy-TheRogue-Leo
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • Venezuelanchic
    • VenezuelanChic96
    • View Profile
Re: // Feral-Heart Game Update June 2016 //
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2016, 02:28:51 am »
Is feralheart taking a long time to load us in cause thats what its doing to me.
:3 Hiya, Names Michelle K.M.M and i am from Maracaibo, Venezuela.

Ironically i am also a catholic and a pansexual... Funny how things work out hmm xD

Offline ShadowHunter

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:25 am »
Yeah, I'm experiencing the same thing. I get through login fine, and press start. But the music never changes and the loading screen never changes either. I've ran as Administrator but nothing happened.

Offline Sourr

• Forum Newcomer
  • A simple wamen.
    • Sourrbuns
    • Sourr
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2016, 02:35:16 am »
*inhales deeply* I think I may need to lie down and let this all sink in.

Wow. Just wow. A many thanks to all the staff f'er putting this t'gether! Lord knows how hard this must 'ave been to keep under wraps.

I do 'ave a few questions, however.

Will this be a complete reinstallation or will it act like a patch? Meaning, will m'map files and ev'rything not be copied over or will it be erased if a backup folder is not created?

Will all the items from the latest item pack be included in the game or will it need to be redownloaded following the new guidelines of the update?

Are the markings in-game just the original few markings or are other new markings, like those from packs, included as well?

Sorry f'er all the questions. I just want to make sure I get ev'rything I need to get done first b'fore I download and install the new update.

Here's the markings & items that are currently up to date / compatible with the new update ^^

Click Me ~! & Click Me ~!
As for you other question, I believe you might want to make a back up copy just in case c;

Are others using this and was it apporved by the mods? I just want to make sure. :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2016, 02:35:42 am »
Most likely the server being busy with requests. Experienced this issue a bit earlier.

There's a lot of people doing a lot of things at once to the game. Not certain how long it will take until it catches up, depends on how many users that continue to force the server to work on more account related tasks.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2016, 02:40:12 am »
To manually update a mass markings pack and use it, could you just add in all the marking files, and then copy/paste the new marking code into the new .cfg after the main markings?

Like:

[Main markings code, tiger, cheetah, etc. Base game markings, this part of the cfg is untouched]
[Mass Markings NEW markings code only(tabby, badger, etc), pasted into the cfg file after the main markings codes]

i'd assume that'd be how to update it properly without messing up the base game's marking order?

Offline BradiBytes

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • lmao dudes
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2016, 02:41:18 am »
Ah, I'm experiencing that as well. Stuck on the loading screen. But that's expected, considering there is a lot of people wanting to get on at the moment.
Hopefully within the next few days/week it calms down a bit. ^^

Sig - Seanixx || Avatar - Me

Offline Tsunami04

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2016, 02:42:16 am »
When i tried to download the WebSetup, it said 7-zip-unsupported method. So i tried downloading the Torrent file, but when i click on FH, it says that FeralHeart.exe has stopped working.

Offline StrikeHedgehog

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Shiro Kibo- The 9 year old, hyperactive Unique
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2016, 02:50:22 am »
Wait a sec. What about us Mac Users?o-o You guys tore down the Mac torrent so is there no Mac port planned with the update? I admire the work you put into the new version and all and looks great by the looks of the snapshots, but how are the OS X users gonna play it now?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 02:53:49 am by ShiroKibo »
~Knowing what your weakness is can be your greatest asset.

C.E

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2016, 02:52:54 am »
To manually update a mass markings pack and use it, could you just add in all the marking files, and then copy/paste the new marking code into the new .cfg after the main markings?

Like:

[Main markings code, tiger, cheetah, etc. Base game markings, this part of the cfg is untouched]
[Mass Markings NEW markings code only(tabby, badger, etc), pasted into the cfg file after the main markings codes]

i'd assume that'd be how to update it properly without messing up the base game's marking order?

I guess that's a way to put it. Users can manually make this edit themselves, make sure that they add all the MM after the standard game markings in the markings config, and then play. But the problem still remains that everyone must do the exact same thing, and do it correctly, and sadly that's rarely the case.

The best thing would be if the mod creator made an update that works and is compatible with the new version of FH, as a marking mod pack is very reliant on that everyone installs the same mod correctly, otherwise the listing will be wrong and everyone will see each other with different markings.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2016, 02:56:03 am »
Wait a sec. What about us Mac Users?o-o You guys tore down the Mac torrent now so is there no Mac port planned with the update?

We might look into that, but as FeralHeart never had a native MAC version and the game itself is made for the windows platform, every update or change not only done to the game, but also that apple does to MacOS could cause problems.

The older mac version was a packed down windows FH running through Wine, and something similar must be done again. If users know how to they're more than welcome to do this until we might get one.

I know someone seemed to be able to download the game and extract it's content into the old mac game, but it might not be for everyone to do. Right now we do not have a mac version as we never really have a native mac version.